Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RunCore Pro III ZIF 1.8 DMA MODE IS SET TO 2 (ATA33)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RunCore Pro III ZIF 1.8 DMA MODE IS SET TO 2 (ATA33)!!

Hi, I just got my new RunCore Pro III ZIF SDD and everything worked as I spected, the only thing is the UDMA mode is set to 2 (ATA33), as far as I know the drive supports UDMA 5 (ATA100) but I'm unable to set it, is there any tool from runcore to set this up? , the drive is running at 29 MB/S which is really slow compared to UDMA5, my old hard drive was Toshiba and it was working in UDMA 5 (ATA100), so is not an issue with the motherboard. I will really apreciate if you can give me a hand with this. Thanks in advance!!

P.D. Installed the RunCore on Vaio UX and Vaio TZ

CMC..

Re: RunCore Pro III ZIF 1.8 DMA MODE IS SET TO 2 (ATA33)!!

What is the cable used for the runcore SSD?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Almeida View Post
      What is the cable used for the runcore SSD?
      Hey Tony, the cable is the original that came with the computer, it is a Vaio UX280P and Vaio TZ170N/B, the weird thing is that the original disk was working on UDMA 5.

Thanks!!

CMC

Comment

Can you set the UDMA mode in BIOS ? may be you can change the Runcore cable and have a right way for installing the cable.Play tight

Comment

Can you set the UDMA mode in BIOS ? may be you can change the Runcore cable and have a right way for installing the cable.Play tight
          Ok I'm gonna try with the cable, I don't know if I'm able to change it, and there is no option in BIOS to set this up.

I will give it a shot with the cable and I'll back.

Thanks!

CMC

Comment

Hey mate,

No luck with runcore here, I tried on the UX and TZ but still ATA33 (DMA 2), I'm unable to switch connectors since Sony have their own which is different. I guess that the RunCore SSD is not 100% compatible with the Vaio UX, TZ, TT. Bad for you RunCore.

Hopefully if some1 here have some tips about this, I will be glad to hear.

Cheers!!

CMC

Comment

Working...
            X