1.8" ZIF ProSSD ribbon type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.8" ZIF ProSSD ribbon type?

Just received my SSD the other day. Looks nice, though completely lacking in docs. In the packaging was a ZIF cable with blue connections on both ends, and inside the USB case was a shorter connector with blue on one end and green on the other. Now, this leads me think that, perhaps, the SSD should accept the blue end of the connector. However, neither the blue or the green end of the ribbon will fit into the SSD's ZIF connection. And, yes, I did release/flip up the latch at the back of the SSD's connector first.

My question, then, is, what thickness of ZIF ribbon/cable is supposed to be used with the SSD and how the heck do I get one?

Re: 1.8" ZIF ProSSD ribbon type?

Hi, baronmog~
    The blue side is 0.23mm thickness which connnects to ssd,
    and the green side is 0.30mm which connects to the zif-usb adaptor. hmm~~

Comment

pls refer this picture
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok, I gave it another try, inserting the blue end into the SSD's "ZIF" connector. That's a really tight fit, no where near "zero-insertion-force." I had to slip one corner in first and then work the ribbon back and forth, from side to side and was eventually able to get it part way in. I've attached a photo of the connection from after I had worked the cable in as far as it will go and then flipped the latch back down.

It does appear to work, though, as my computer detected the drive when I plugged it in via the usb connection. I haven't tried reading or writing any data yet, as I'm running a Linux system and don't have ntfs support turned on at the moment.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X