Cannot get my Samsung Q1U to recognize 64G SSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot get my Samsung Q1U to recognize 64G SSD

After cloning my HDD on my Runcore Pro 1.8 inch PATA Zif 64G SSD I removed my 80G 1.8 in Toshiba HDD and installed the Runcore SSD -- had great difficulty first with figuring out proper orientation of ribbon cable into ZIF connector and now, in spite of several attempts to reseat the cable in the ZIF connector, the Q1U does not recognize the SSD -- it boots into BIOS then gives me an error "media failure -- check cable". So I'm wondering if I have the cable upside down or just not properly seated (?) -- can someone advise me on how the cable should be oriented when inserting it into the Runcore SSD ZIF connector (metal side "up" when looking at the ZIF connector -- or coated side "up")? And is there a trick to ensuring it's properly seated?

Thanks!

Re: Cannot get my Samsung Q1U to recognize 64G SSD

I use the exposed conductive traces( maybe same mean of your "metal side"side down and the ssd perform fine. have a try ~

Comment

In my opinion,Runcore Pro 1.8 inch PATA Zif 64G SSD has a thin connector which has a deltoid marker.It means the Zif connector 1st pin.At the same time,Samsung Q1U has the same 1st pin.You can refer it and make the 'two 1st pin' proper connect.

Comment

turn over the cable that connect SSD, I think it will work

Comment

Working...
        X