Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant install windows on new PC - MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC

Hi Guys,
    I am having some trouble completing my new PC build and I'm hoping someone can help. I have a USB with windows booting up and everything seems to be going ok. The when I select my destination drive Samsung 970 EVO I get an error saying it cannot be partitioned. I did get a step past this and windows was installing but then failed at the very end with an error just saying check the logs.

Specs
    MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC
    SAMSUNG 970 EVO 1TB NVME 1.3 M.2 (2280) 3D V-NAND SSD
    INTEL CORE I7-9700K 3.6GHZ 9TH GEN CPU
    COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 RGB BLACK EDITION CPU AIR COOLER
    GIGABYTE RADEON RX 5700 XT GAMING OC R2.0 8G GRAPHICS CARD
    Corsair RM Series, RM750, 750W Fully Modular, 80+ Gold Certified, Power Supply Unit - Black
    G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB (2X 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz Memory - Black

I have tried changing the boot mode from UEFI to LEGACY+UEFI and have the same error.

The boot order is set as USB with windows installed No. 1 then destination Samsung EVO No. 2. I have tried to have Samsung 970 as No.1 and hit F11 on startup, then selecting USB as boot device and have the same issues.

I have 2 other drives installed but have disconnected the power. They are still connected to the SATA ports 1&3.

I'll bet it's something very small and easy but I can't work it out. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thank you very much for your help.

I worked it all out. The USB installer was created on Mac and I think was causing issues. I used the command line to move all the files onto my new Sata SSD and then booted from that to my new M.2 SSD. Pain but I got there.

Comment

Working...
    X