HD-H32 compatible with EX-H34S?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD-H32 compatible with EX-H34S?

Hi, I'm just making sure before I order the SSD tray that it will be compatible with the hotswap bay, EX H34SX? The Lian-Li website says "Designed for Lian Li SATA hot swap HDD cage system." but it doesn't specify this model so I'm just checking.

Thanks.

Re: HD-H32 compatible with EX-H34S?

And actually, while I'm thinking about it: does the EX-H34S support SATA 6GB/S? I'm not familiar with hotswapping, I'm not sure if it's possible to just "pass-through" the SATA 6GB/S from the motherboard or not.

Comment

Based on the flood of useful replies I received, I went ahead and bought all the bits I was asking questions about.

For anybody asking similar questions in the future, I can confirm that yes, the HD-H32 *is* compatible with the EX-H34S and yes, the BP2SATA backplanes (and I assume the BP1SATA and BP3SATA also) do pass-through SATA 6GB/S to an inserted SATA 6GB/S drive.

I'm now getting BSODs whenever I plug a drive in but I understand that is because I'm not using a separate molex cable to power the hot-swapped boot drive and voltage fluctuations when inserting another drive on the same cable are causing Windows to panic and BSOD.

Comment

Originally posted by phigo View Post
        Hi, I'm just making sure before I order the SSD tray that it will be compatible with the hotswap bay, EX H34SX? The Lian-Li website says "Designed for Lian Li SATA hot swap HDD cage system." but it doesn't specify this model so I'm just checking.

Thanks.
        Hi phigo,

Which SSD tray do you plan to order?

Comment

Working...
        X