Lian Li power button issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lian Li power button issue

Has anyone experienced any issues like this? I have a Lian Li A17B case. The main power button has recently started behaving differently and I recently started having boot up and freezing problems. I don't know whether these issues are related. The power button used to initiate power up when pressed in gently. Now, in order to start power up, I have to fully depress power button to the maximum and hold it there for a second or two. It seems to be an issue with the switch itself becoming worn or otherwise failing. Could the power button problem be related to the system issues that have recently cropped up? I can find no other cause for those (i.e., memory, voltage, BIOS, software).

Re: Lian Li power button issue

I am also wondering if perhaps the switch behavior is caused by a problem with the plunger (?) or other item that the button is meant to contact when pressed. Perhaps the header?

Comment

easy way to find out is unplug the front power switch and see if you still have issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler.Bernath View Post
        easy way to find out is unplug the front power switch and see if you still have issues.
        Thanks, Tyler. Someone on another thread suggested reversing the power button and reset button wires where plugged into the motherboard and using the reset switch to start the system. I think I will combine both approaches and plug the reset wires into the start button pins and leave the start button wires unplugged.

Comment

Just following up on the system freezing issue I've had recently. I removed the case panels near the power button and discovered that the plunger at the end of the wire harness serving the power button had slipped down into the case. This was because the square, white plastic bracket holding this plunger had deformed slightly so that it no longer gripped the bottom edge of the plunger to hold it in place. This explained why the power button behavior had changed to require such a deep push to initiate system power up. I pushed the plunger back up so that it could be grabbed (for now) by the plastic bracket. With this fix, the system is now starting up correctly and is not freezing, at least so far. I think maybe some of the wires at the bottom of the plunger were pinched against my DVD drive unit when the plunger slid down below the plastic bracket. Maybe the pinched wires were causing the system freezing. Is this white plastic bracket replaceable? Is there a part number for it? How does one replace it? Case is Lian Li A17B with top-mounted power button.
          Last edited by ed1; 08-26-2013, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ed1 View Post
            Just following up on the system freezing issue I've had recently. I removed the case panels near the power button and discovered that the plunger at the end of the wire harness serving the power button had slipped down into the case. This was because the square, white plastic bracket holding this plunger had deformed slightly so that it no longer gripped the bottom edge of the plunger to hold it in place. This explained why the power button behavior had changed to require such a deep push to initiate system power up. I pushed the plunger back up so that it could be grabbed (for now) by the plastic bracket. With this fix, the system is now starting up correctly and is not freezing, at least so far. I think maybe some of the wires at the bottom of the plunger were pinched against my DVD drive unit when the plunger slid down below the plastic bracket. Maybe the pinched wires were causing the system freezing. Is this white plastic bracket replaceable? Is there a part number for it? How does one replace it? Case is Lian Li A17B with top-mounted power button.
            Hey ed1,

Can you PM me your shipping address? Also, please send a pic of the plunger if you can.

Thanks

Comment

PM sent. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X