Are these the same? (RAM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these the same? (RAM)

This memory: KHX8500D2K2/1GN is the same memory with this KHX8500D2K2/1G ?
    (
    i have the second one) I just saw the Qualified Vendors List (QVL) for my fP35C-DS3R motherboard ,from Giagabyte site (See here) and the compatibly memory is the first one and NOT MINE :-(
    If someone know , help me please ... because tomorrow is the last day in warranty period to return it back and take an other one! Thanks!!!!
    (for those who didn't see my other post to gigabyte forum - i have a problem with my memory and the motherboard.... although it says it can "take" memory at 1066M , it "sees" mine at 800M )

Re: Are these the same? (RAM)

Dear John

KHX8500D2K2/1GN is not the same as KHX8500D2K2/1G. The main differences is the KHX8500D2K2/1GN support for EPP feature. If it's not within the motherboard vendor's QVL, it means the memory module has not been validated by the motherboard vendor.

All motherboards with Intel P35 chipset will only officially support up to DDR2 800, if you would like to have the memory module operate at 1066MHz, you would need to manually adjust the memory speed in the BIOS. Make sure you also increase the memory voltage to 2.2V. However, some system or motherboard configurations may not operate at the published HyperX memory speeds and timing settings.

Comment

Working...
    X