X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte X470 first time upgrade

Hello.
    I would like to ask few questions before i start to update my mb bios
    If im on Bios version F2 can i just to F40 ? or do i need upg F3->F4g-> ...->F40 ?
    In Bios version F7/F30/F40/ there is a note : Update AMD Chipset Driver 18.10.20.02 or latest version before updating to this BIOS.
    This is soft that is instaled on my drives ... What if i want to do full system format before i put new cpu ... it may be any problems ???

Originally posted by DCoop View Post
    Hello.
    I would like to ask few questions before i start to update my mb bios
    If im on Bios version F2 can i just to F40 ? or do i need upg F3->F4g-> ...->F40 ?
    In Bios version F7/F30/F40/ there is a note : Update AMD Chipset Driver 18.10.20.02 or latest version before updating to this BIOS.
    This is soft that is instaled on my drives ... What if i want to do full system format before i put new cpu ... it may be any problems ???
    You should update AMD Chipset Driver 18.10.20.02 or the latest version first and then upgrade F3 to a higher version.

Comment

Hello! I think you should be able to update your BIOS directly from version F2 to the latest version, such as F40. You do not necessarily need to go through each intermediate version. Besides, If your motherboard's BIOS version F7, F30, or F40 requires updating the AMD Chipset Driver to version 18.10.20.02 or the latest version, it is advisable to do so before updating to that specific BIOS version. The AMD Chipset Driver is a software component that helps ensure proper communication and compatibility between the motherboard and the CPU. Updating it before updating the BIOS can help avoid potential compatibility issues.

If you plan to perform a full system format before installing a new CPU, it generally shouldn't cause any problems with the BIOS update process itself. However, please keep in mind that formatting your system will erase all data on your drives, including the operating system and installed software. After the format, you will need to reinstall the operating system and any necessary drivers, including the AMD Chipset Driver, before proceeding with the BIOS update.

?

Comment

Working...
      X