B550 Aorus Elite AX V2 - Won't Pass Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B550 Aorus Elite AX V2 - Won't Pass Post

I'm building a new system and I can't get the MB to pass the post. I stripped it down to just the MB and at each stage I got the same Beep Codes. I put the proc in another board and the error codes indicated the CPU was bad, so I replaced the the CPU, but I'm still getting the same error, 1-Long, 3-Short. Here's the set up
    • B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
    • AMD - Ryzen 5 5600X
    • AMD - Radon RX 6500 XT
    • Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8) 3200 MHz
    • Lexar - NM790 NVMe SSD 1TB
    • WD - Ultrastar SATA HD 1TB
    I don't have the other MB available to test the CPU and now I'm wondering if the Aorus has an issue and is damaging the processor.

I'm open to any suggestion because my only recourse is to replace the MB.

very good.

Comment

Hi
      I am new on this forum however I found this online https://www.electronicshub.org/gigab...rd-beep-codes/
      • One Long Beep Followed by Two or Three Short Beeps: This beep code is commonly associated with a video card problem. It could indicate that the graphics card is not seated correctly or may be malfunctioning. Checking the video card connections or trying a different card can help diagnose the issue.
      First thing is to check that you have seated teh GPU correctly and that you have power to the same. If the GPu does not have power you need to look into that.

?Not sure if you have another GPU laying around to swop with? I know I hade a similair issue back in the days and I simply swaped to another brand and started the PC with that configuration, turned it of installed the other GPU and fired it up and it worked fine.
      BR
      Mattias

Comment

Acording to the beep codes 1 long 3 short, would indicate video card I think if it isaward bios

Comment

Working...
        X