Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte X399 Aorus Gaming 7 cycling through BIOS 3 times at start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte X399 Aorus Gaming 7 cycling through BIOS 3 times at start.

My PC usually boots to windows in about 20 secs or so but a few months ago it started hanging in BIOS for ages before even showing the splash screen to the point where it takes over a couple of minutes to boot now. It seems to be cycling twice then starting on the third boot (see link at bottom).

I've cleaned and re-seated the CPU and all RAM sticks, ran Memcheck (27hours....) all good, booted with individual RAM sticks only, no difference, flashed the latest BIOS version (F13a) cleared CMOS and replaced the MB battery and tried booting with RAM XMP profile enabled and disabled all to no avail. Once booted the system runs fine and if I restart it'll reboot quickly and normally but if I switch off at the power and restart it'll cycle and hang again and if I go into BIOS settings after it starts cycling it says "BIOS had been reset, check settings"

Frustratingly it seesm to hang with number 07 shown on the MB display but there's no 07 in the error codes which only start at 10. Would anyone have any ideas?

CPU - Threadripper 1950X
    MB - Gigabyte X399 AORUS Gaming 7
    GPU - Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080 Ti
    HDD C: - Samsung Evo 960 500GB
    RAM - G Skill F4-3200C14-8GFX (64GB)
    OS - Win 10 64 bit.
    PSU - Seasonic SSR - 750 GD?
Working...
X