Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GB-BMPD-6005 factory bios.bin reports wrong size and number of regions (won't boot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GB-BMPD-6005 factory bios.bin reports wrong size and number of regions (won't boot)

Hi,
    I have a GB-BMPD-6005 mini PC with MJPLNAB-00 motherboard. I flashed its MX25L25673G chip with a factory JSP_6005_F6 bios image (previous flash reported errors) with no success.
    The PC as before starts with spinning its fan in normal speed, and its components like RAM, SSD, are heating up (not excessively) over time. It gives no video signal and no power on USBs.

I used flashrom with different speed options to flash the chip using a clip and Raspberry and the flashing process itself was successfully verified every time. Because bios image was 16MB and chip was 32MB I tried:
    - padding it with FF or 00 at the end with dd,
    - repeating 16MB image twice with cat,
    - placing the original 8MB bios region at the very end of 32MB image, then changing the offset in Region section from 8 to 24.
    After changes I checked integrity with UEFITool and it was OK.

It worries me that for factory bios UEFITool shows:
    Fixed: Yes
    Base: 0h
    Address: FF000000h
    Offset: 0h
    Full size: 1000000h (16777216)
    Flash chips: 1
    Regions: 1
    Masters: 3
    PCH straps: 42
    PROC straps: 1

Images usually shows region > 1. I wonder if there is something very wrong with my approach, and what should I try next. It also would be helpful to have 32MB bios dumped from any working machine, but I can't find any.
    Thanks for help.
    ?
Working...
X