Z790 aorus elite does not recognized ddr5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z790 aorus elite does not recognized ddr5

Something very strange happened to me and I don't know where else to go for help, could you help me?

I had an asus tuf z690 with 6800 mhz c34 memory, working on 7000 c32 perfectly, the new z790 gigabyte arrived, it worked at first without problems, 7400 was doing fine. I woke up the other day and the computer simply did not pass the ''post'' several tests were done, it only started with 1 memory module, I already suspected the motherboard... But I tested my old corsairs and the 2 modules went normally. Then I tested these 2 modules of 6800 mhz on the old board (z690) and it worked, any explanation for why it stopped working on the z790?

It doesn't matter what slot I put, only 1 module of this 6800 mhz kit works, when I put a corsair kit the 2 memories work normally. Very strange that in the first assembly everything worked, I'm going crazy because I don't find the problem. Now I have the corsair running at 6400 mhz because the original kit is 5600 Samsung, that is, bad for overclocking?
Working...
X