No announcement yet.

GA-Z77MX-D3H fan speed driving me nuts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z77MX-D3H fan speed driving me nuts!

I got this mobo because I transplanted my i7-2600 (non-K) from my Dell Optiplex 790. I'm using the stock cooler (I modded the fan header to fit a standard 4-pin header), one fan for the back (4-pin) and one for the front (3-pin).
    For the life of me I cannot set the proper speed of these fans.
    I've already read online these mobos are stupid when it comes to providing control via temperature/voltage/PWM.
    I'm fairly savvy but this is not something I have the slight inclination in learning. In fact, I've just looked at just buying an Asus mobo - but if I do that, why not start from scratch and build a new system altogether, get me a Ryzen and some ddr4 ram... AFFF... I wanna keep the components it took me so long to find and purchase.
    Could someone teach me like I'm a five-year old how to setup SpeedFan 4.52?
    I already setup all fans in the BIOS (F15) to manual 2.5 PWM/C, went to Configure/Advanced/IT8728F and configured PWM1 and 3 to Software Controlled (+remember it), went to Fan Control and created profiles for each:
    - CPU_fan controlling speed of PWM3 (I have no idea about Method Sum or Max of speeds) following the temperature of Core 0 (minimum temp 30C, maximum temp 80C with a more or less linear curve),
    - FRONT_fan controlling speed of PWM2 following the temperature of Temp1 from IT8728F @$0A30 (minimum temp 30C, maximum temp 80C with a more or less linear curve), and
    - BACK_fan controlling speed of PWM1 following the temperature of Core 0 from IT8728F @$0A30 (minimum temp 30C, maximum temp 80C with a more or less linear curve).
    I run Unigene but CPU_fan and BACK_fan go to 100% at temperature of 50C!, when according to the line they should actually ~45% !
    Please help.

Windows 10 Pro 1909
    16GB Ram
    GTX 1080 with 3 fans
    500W PSU from OCZ
    240GB SSD from Kingston

Edit: problem SOLVED. It was SpeedFan's Temperature Warning. Despite it being disabled in the BIOS, it was still on on Speedfan. Once I found it and turned it off, the fans started obeying the curves.
    Last edited by Phorge; 03-22-2020, 10:28 AM. Reason: Solution found.

Re: GA-Z77MX-D3H fan speed driving me nuts!

are you not able to control the fans in the bios by creating a custom fan curve? if not have you tried seeing if your mobo supports a software that would allow you too control this? if all else ails, i do have a haswell cpu and i believe a 3rd gen cpu if it could help you out in anyway. i know you could get a nice asus z97 motherboard for 65 bucks on ebay because thats what i bought for my uncle when i gave him this vpu and it has 4 dim slots and everything attractive like that including being atx formfactor

Comment

Re: GA-Z77MX-D3H fan speed driving me nuts!

Originally posted by deadlock0345 View Post
      are you not able to control the fans in the bios by creating a custom fan curve? if not have you tried seeing if your mobo supports a software that would allow you too control this? if all else ails, i do have a haswell cpu and i believe a 3rd gen cpu if it could help you out in anyway. i know you could get a nice asus z97 motherboard for 65 bucks on ebay because thats what i bought for my uncle when i gave him this vpu and it has 4 dim slots and everything attractive like that including being atx formfactor
      Thanks for the reply, deadlock0345.
      Gigabyte's software caused my Windows to crash, so I stay away from those things.
      LinusTechTips Forum has a guy who created a good one called FanControl, but I couldn't get it to respect max speeds (so some fans were locked at a certain percentage).
      I did however find a solution - despite the warning temperature being disabled in the BIOS, it was still on on SpeedFan. Once I found that setting existed, the fans started obeying the curves.

Comment

Working...
      X