Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Chipset drivers not installing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Chipset drivers not installing?

I'm trying to help out a friends son with his computer problems, it's a custom computer not built by me which uses a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard (not sure what rev it is). The problem is that it's not running very dependably and things like Adobe Creative suite are crashing and it seems slow to me given the 8 core CPU and 16GB of ram.

First I made sure that there wasn't any malware or viruses and when I looked in device manager none of the SATA controllers nor the system hardware were using AMD signed drivers; all the hardware was using Microsoft drivers so I went to the gigabyte site and when I found the page for this motherboard there were no chipset drivers listed for Windows 10 x64 so I went to AMD's site and downloaded the drivers for the 990FX chipset and installed and rebooted. The problem is that there was no error message or failures during the install except after the reboot I checked and while one of the SATA controllers appears to now have an AMD signed driver none of the system devices has any AMD drivers and all Microsoft generic drivers. For example PCI Standard host CPU bridge VEN_1022&DEV_1603 and all the PCI to PCI Bridge's VEN_1002&DEV_5A16 all have generic MS drivers.

Why didn't AMD's chipset driver update all the system hardware to have the correct drivers? How can I correct this?

Re: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Chipset drivers not installing?

Also another problematic thing is that the USB 3 driver was also a generic Microsoft driver and Gigabytes site did list have a download for Windows 10 x64 for the VIA genuine driver for the USB 3 chip on this motherboard but after I downloaded and installed it Windows was still using an older generic Microsoft driver.

Any idea's about why this is?

Comment

2 weeks and no one has posted any reply, anyone a little help please?

Comment

More than a month and no response, anyone at all?

Comment

Is there anyone here with some Gigabyte AMD experience?

Comment

Working...
          X