Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3 new BIOS still issues with HDD via USB3.0

hello,
    my pc is about 5 years in use, an upgrade from Win7 to Win10 was ok. But since some weeks I have trouble with some HDDs which I use for backups using a docking station via USB3.0. (tried with several HDDs and 2 docking stations!)

When i try to copy large files it takes about 1 minute when a messagebox pops up saying
    path not available...
    (see attachment - sorry but in german)

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-05-21_S02--Fehler Vol S_W06-Der Pfad ist nicht verf�gbar via USB Docking Station-WARUM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	756451

My Idea: the only reason why I can't copy large files on the HDD has to do with the latest Win10 build update some weeks ago, currently
    Build 15063.413 (RS2)
    Before the Win10-Build-update I had no trouble at all, but I'm not sure if that's the reason??

So I updated from gigabytes website:
    1. the mb's BIOS to latest version F13
    2. Intel INF installation Version 10.1.1.8 vom 2015.07.07
    3. Intel Management Engine Interface Version 11.0.0.1158 vom 2015.09.17

Still no success in copying large files. Reading from HDDs in docking station works fine.
    Any ideas?

Re: Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3 new BIOS still issues with HDD via USB3.0

I'm wondering that Gigabyte doesn't answer here after 1 week.
    Anyone else having trouble like this?

Comment

so after trying and surfing I found an issue with the HDD WD20EARX. Windows EventID told Error 51. CrystalDiskInfo found no errors. But WD DataLifeGuard Diagnostics said error "08-too many bad sectors detected". I'll buy a new HDD and hope that's it

Comment

here's the news:
        tried with a new WD-HDD 3 TB and same issue as before with USB3. Means that USB3 on Mainboard rear side is no longer usable. The error is reproducable.
        Second idea was a fantec with SATA-connector which I tried out with the new HDD.
        Result: all is fine. Even longer backup copies with a duration of 1 hour are correct.

What does that mean?
        USB3 is no longer working for this Gigabyte-mainboard. I think it has to do with the latest Win10 updates. Still wandering why noone else has this issue. And no further response from gigabyte

Comment

Working...
        X