Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH corrupt bios or other issues ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z77X-UP5 TH corrupt bios or other issues ?

I have a Gigabyte motherboard GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
    GA-Z77X-UP5 TH (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE

For past 2 weeks it is having lot of issues (I have to keep the machine on) as If i try to restart the same or power off. it gives lot of trouble starting up properly.

I get a Main Bios Corrupt Screen. Machine wont bootup (I have unplug ram, unplug graphics card, remove cmos battery etc. etc.)
    I have to try various things to get it started.
    Sometimes it starts properly, sometimes takes time.. Not sure what is wrong and where..

Can someone please help me how to proceed and fix this issue ?

1. I have never touched this motherboard, overclocked or reflashed the bios.
    2. Its very difficult to enter the bios at the moment, I have to unplug, ram, GPU, remove CMOS battery, try to boot pressing case panel buttons here and there and then it boots.
    sometimes quick and sometimes takes lot of time.
    3. I dont know what is wrong and where.
    4. When it boots and enters bios, when I try to save changes and quit bios, it will not boot again..

Please guide right way to fix the issue
    How to update properly, this is the only work PC I have in hand at the moment, and lot of important data on same.

Re: GA-Z77X-UP5 TH corrupt bios or other issues ?

I would look at your Power Supply first off. I had my old i5 2500k build do something similar to what you are saying besides the corrupt bios message but power supplies are sneaky like that sometimes. If you got a extra PSU to swap out, that would be my first bet. Mine would randomly cut out when watching Youtube or regular use.

My next step if that don't work would be to look at your Ram and make sure it's working. if you have two sticks of memory try running with one and if it still messes up, replace it with your other stick. But when you're in a spot like you are, it is good to have a spare PC to test and swap things around. I refuse to have just one PC anymore. I learned my mistakes in the past. It sucks i know.
    Last edited by forlani101; 05-27-2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X