MD60-SC0 BIOS Update Without CPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MD60-SC0 BIOS Update Without CPU

Thanks in advance for your time in reading this.

I bought a MD60-SC0, to go with it I also bought 2 E5-2600 series V4 processors.

Out of the box it appears that the MD60-SC0 only supports V3 processors and requires a BIOS update to allow V4 chips.

It is well advertised that the MD60-SC0 can do BIOS updates over IPMI without CPU/Memory installed. However, everything I read leads me to believe you have to boot into the BIOS to configure IPMI before it can be used for this purpose. I can't get into the BIOS to do this without a V3 CPU (which I don't have).

I've tried connecting to the IPMI, but my network won't see it, even though the port is active. Even tried a direct plug into a laptop and it's still a no go.

I'm asking for either help connecting to the IPMI without configuration, or some way to updated the BIOS to get my V4 processors working.

Re: MD60-SC0 BIOS Update Without CPU

Originally posted by callumstarrs1421 View Post
    Thanks in advance for your time in reading this.

I bought a MD60-SC0, to go with it I also bought 2 E5-2600 series V4 processors.

Out of the box it appears that the MD60-SC0 only supports V3 processors and requires a BIOS update to allow V4 chips.

It is well advertised that the MD60-SC0 can do BIOS updates over IPMI without CPU/Memory installed. However, everything I read leads me to believe you have to boot into the BIOS to configure IPMI before it can be used for this purpose. I can't get into the BIOS to do this without a V3 CPU (which I don't have).

I've tried connecting to the IPMI, but my network won't see it, even though the port is active. Even tried a direct plug into a laptop and it's still a no go.

I'm asking for either help connecting to the IPMI without configuration, or some way to updated the BIOS to get my V4 processors working.

Wow! Reading this post is like Deja Vu. This is exactly the same issue that we're having. We spent two nights on the phone with Gigabyte tech support to figure out the exact same issue. We're ordering a v3 processor to update the bios. But it may take some time to get here. Did you ever figure out a work around?

Thank You

Comment

Working...
    X