Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte X99 Designare EX BIOS

Hey there!
    When will there be an updated BIOS for the X99 Designare EX? It hasn't been mentioned in any of the recent X99 updates, most of the other X99 boards have been updated to F20 or F22, the Designare is still at F4C.
    The update seems to fix a lot of issues others are having with memory so it would be nice to have , as I am having memory issues with this board.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by TrickyD; 11-12-2016, 04:24 PM.

Re: Gigabyte X99 Designare EX BIOS

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. They're still being sold as fresh and new by coolblue in the BeNeLux in EU, seemingly pretending it is very much actual and current, while my impression is that Gigabyte has left it for dead already. They're not responding to any support questions regarding BIOS updates. (Man are they bad at that part or what?)

Must say it has the fastest USB 3 transfer speeds of any board I've ever measured or seen 3rd party testing on. Which for me was reason enough to go for this board.

(good grief is the "I'm not a robot" thorough here, wow, not exactly encouraging)
    Last edited by Liefde; 04-16-2018, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Phew, GIGABYTE finally released a new BIOS (f5b, I'm assuming the b is for beta?) to patch against Spectre and Meltdown,
      although GB doesn't even supply any info with their new BIOS, no changelog, no readme, no install instructions, nothing (how typical of them, right? Seriously, this is my last GB board, that's for sure.).
      Either way, here's the new BIOS F5B;
      GA-X99-Designare EX (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

Comment

I was stable on F5b but after flashing to F5c I've getting BSOD's left in right that all seem related to memory. I'm using the same settings and voltages as before so i'm not sure what's going on. Anybody else having this issue on the newer F5c bios?

Comment

Working...
        X