Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audio front panel in Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-s2. The name wires are different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• profJim
    replied
    Re: Audio front panel in Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-s2. The name wires are different?

You're welcome.
    Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear that you were able to connect the audio wires correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Felloni
    replied

Originally posted by Felloni View Post
    Friends,
    How I connect the wires in pin socket of the mentioned motherboard with case wires, as shown in photos in this post in a Brazilian forum. http://www.hardware.com.br/comunidade/gabinete-fios/141...
    What is the correct way to connect the wires?
    Thanks to those who collaborate

OF

From Brazil
    by google translator
    Thanks, very much, teacher Jim.
    You help me correctly.
    Hapiiness to you.

OF

Leave a comment:

• profJim
    replied

Welcome to the forum.

A web search using: hd audio pin connector tutorial will provide links that will help you connect the wires properly.

Installing Frontal Audio Plugs - Hardware Secrets will help you with some of the connections where they say:

To install the wires, the first step is to understand the pin numbering system of the motherboard connector. There are nine pins in the connector, but the connector is considered a 10-pin one because one of the pins was removed (pin 8). The jumpers connect pins 5 and 6 and 9 and 10. As there is the space without a pin (pin 8), it is easy to discover the numbering of the other pins. Notice that the pins are oddly numbered to one side of the connector (1 to 9) and evenly numbered to the other (2 to 10).

Figure 4: Motherboard audio header pinout.
    Remove the jumpers. The connection of the wires must be made the following way:
    Mic In to pin 1; Gnd to pins 2 and 3; R Out to pin 5; Ret R to pin 6; L Out to pin 9, and Ret L to pin 10.
    note: ignore the step that says "remove the jumpers" because your motherboard does not have jumpers on the motherboard's audio pins.
    R Out and L Out refer to the right and left output channels for headphones.

Page 23 in your motherboard user manual, 10) F_AUDIO (Front Audio Panel Connector), helps a little, but their names for each pin are even more obscure.

The user manual for your computer case might have some helpful information. If you don't have the computer case manual, go to the manufacturer's website and see if you can download the manual.

might help, especially if you select Portuguese for the language in the upper right corner of the page.

I hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• Audio front panel in Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-s2. The name wires are different?

Friends,
    How I connect the wires in pin socket of the mentioned motherboard with case wires, as shown in photos in this post in a Brazilian forum. http://www.hardware.com.br/comunidade/gabinete-fios/141...
    What is the correct way to connect the wires?
    Thanks to those who collaborate

OF

From Brazil
    by google translator
    Attached Files
Working...
X