Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte Gaming 7 (GA-Z97X-Gaming 7) BIOS 1 not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Gaming 7 (GA-Z97X-Gaming 7) BIOS 1 not working.

The computer has an i7 4790K, GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 and a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB Windforce 3X OC Edition. After installing Windows 10 on one of my Hard Disks, I remove it and proceeded to install Linux onto my remaining hard drive. After plugging both back in, everything was working fine, however, I realized that my Windows 10 installation was messed up and proceeded to reinstall. From a prior experience trying to install Windows with multiple hard drives plugged into the computer I disconnected all of them except the one I planned to install onto. When reconnecting them, however, the computer would no longer boot and looped through the debug LEDS until landing on 32 (CPU PEI Initialization). Upon switching into BIOS 2 manually, I proceeded to boot the computer and it worked just fine. From reading about DualBios on other places around the internet, I am pretty sure that it is supposed to automatically fix the original bios. What can I do to fix this problem or should I just leave it alone.

Re: Gigabyte Gaming 7 (GA-Z97X-Gaming 7) BIOS 1 not working.

If it is simply a corrupted bios, then just search in the bios threads about how to restore the bios from back to main. Another option is to reset the main bios, even pulling the cmos battery out and letting the unplugged system sit for a while or overnight. You could even as a last resort, flash the bios back onto the main bios too.
    You may have introduced some static into the system when swapping out drives etc. If so, try and becareful next time. You could also ask @stasio if you need any special tools.
    i7 8700k - z370 Asus Rog maximus 10 hero(wifi) (soho)
    G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB
    Corsair PSU, 1
    080Ti EVGA
    960 Samsung Evo , 2 WD Black Storage.
    Builds - Z97x-Gaming 7(media center) . Gigabyte x399 - Gaming 7 Threadripper 1950x (workstation)

Comment

Re: Gigabyte Gaming 7 (GA-Z97X-Gaming 7) BIOS 1 not working.

Thanks for the response. I had somehow accidentally turned off email notifications and had just checked for postings today. After looking around forums here and on google I ended up using these steps to fix the problem.

For anyone who is having the same problem.

1. Turn the BIOS_SW on the motherboard to the Second BIOS.
      2. Boot into the BIOS w/ the DEL key.
      3. Turn the BIOS_SW on the motherboard to the First BIOS (corrupted/broken one).
      4. Press EXIT in the BIOS Menu.
      5. The computer should restart and boot normally.

Other people have had to manually Q-Flash the BIOS, but just hitting exit caused it to restore the BIOS to the Main one for me.

Comment

Working...
      X