Strange indeed P57W Laptop Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange indeed P57W Laptop Shutdown

I have not been able to make my laptop shutdown properly and consistently. Sometimes in shuts down correctly and other times not. I have tried many remedies.
    Power Management adjustments registry tweaks, but it still is mercurial. Then, happily I used shutdown.exe to shutdown from the icon, placed on my taskbar, and it works consistently-no hangups. Latest news: It still locks up. See solution in following post.
    Last edited by pepegot1; 05-09-2016, 03:19 PM. Reason: new info

Re: Strange indeed P57W Laptop Shutdown

A possible Sticky:

Many people, myself included, are having or have had these problems. I found a simple remedy that worked with shutdown and automatic restarts in both Windows 7 & 10. I tried all the suggested cures SFC/snannow, registry hacks and of course the power option modifications to no avail. Then, I came upon this:

"Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" option is a disaster. My New Gigabyte P57W would not shut down consistently. I Googled and tried many remedies to no avail and was about to return the new computer for a refund. Then, I remembered that the above mentioned option caused my other computer to restart and not shut down. I solved that problem by unchecking all occurrences of the option in device manager. So, I decided unchecked every instance of the option in my new laptop and to my delight the computer now shuts down normally and consistently. How can MS let such a glaring error pass? I hope when they upgrade Windows 10, it does not reinstall this egregious option. Many hours of aggravation spent over this crap!
    How such an innocuous option, such as this, can cause the problems of shutdown and restart are beyond me, but they can and do.

Comment

Working...
    X