Gigabyte X99 UD4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte X99 UD4

I'm having some problems with the bios on my X99 board. It's bios version f20. Very often when I have just been checking and not changing anything and I hit escape to exit, the bios just hangs, or instead of just rebooting it shuts the computer down and I manually reboot. I have not so far had any problems saving and exiting, it's just when exiting via escape. Also I don't know if this is normal, but when I first start my PC, the CPU fan starts straight away, but there is a long delay before the rear system fan starts, and also about a 10 second or longer delay before my monitor gets a signal. Is this normal for this motherboards?

Re: Gigabyte X99 UD4

Try to reflash BIOS to F21a (from GB web page) or latest F21c from this forum.

Comment

Re: Gigabyte X99 UD4

Thanks. I'm a bit nervous about flashing the bios as I have heard that it's very risky and can brick your motherboard. As I am able to boot into my OS OK, I may just put up with this little glitch unless things get worse. Btw I over clocked my 5820k to 4 ghz following a YouTube tut and ran Aida64 stress test. My highest core temp was around 66-68 degrees and idle temp 33-35. Is this good or bad or would I be safer knocking it back to its default speed?

Comment

Working...
      X