Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X99 UD4 Gigabyte - When I enable XMP to Profile 1 computer becomes unstable and crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X99 UD4 Gigabyte - When I enable XMP to Profile 1 computer becomes unstable and crashes

Hello,
    I have a X99 UD4 Gigabyte motherboard, 4 x 4GB Gskill Ripjaw Ram 2800MHZ (XMP), i7 5820K @ 4.2Ghz. Current BIOS version F21.
    So my 4 RAM sticks that I have are supposed to go up to 2800MHZ with XMP and it clearly states that under SPD tab in CPU-Z. For some reason when i go into BIOS and set XMP to Profile 1 instead of disabled I either crash on boot or shortly after logging in and end up loading BIOS defaults. I know my RAM supports 2800 Mhz because that's the whole reason I bought it, I have read other posts in this forum and one in particular had many suggestions none of which worked. Any ideas?

Re: X99 UD4 Gigabyte - When I enable XMP to Profile 1 computer becomes unstable and crashes

Originally posted by j9xinca View Post
    Hello,
    I have a X99 UD4 Gigabyte motherboard, 4 x 4GB Gskill Ripjaw Ram 2800MHZ (XMP), i7 5820K @ 4.2Ghz. Current BIOS version F21.
    So my 4 RAM sticks that I have are supposed to go up to 2800MHZ with XMP and it clearly states that under SPD tab in CPU-Z. For some reason when i go into BIOS and set XMP to Profile 1 instead of disabled I either crash on boot or shortly after logging in and end up loading BIOS defaults. I know my RAM supports 2800 Mhz because that's the whole reason I bought it, I have read other posts in this forum and one in particular had many suggestions none of which worked. Any ideas?
    Bump please

Comment

Re: X99 UD4 Gigabyte - When I enable XMP to Profile 1 computer becomes unstable and crashes

Originally posted by j9xinca View Post
      Bump please
      Have you tried manually setting the timings and multiplier for ram, could be that the board isn't reading or setting the correct info.
      A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

Originally posted by boe323 View Post
        Have you tried manually setting the timings and multiplier for ram, could be that the board isn't reading or setting the correct info.
        Yes I have manually set the timings to 16-16-16-36 and multiplier up to make it 2800Mhz, still crashes.

Comment

I would try running the CPU at stock clocks, and test your memory set to XMP with memtest 5.0. Assuming it passes ( a full cycle is about 3 hours) with no errors, you then know your ram is ok, and that the board can run it with the CPU at stock clocks.

Then start overclocking your CPU until you have problems. Whether you can have both 2800mhz ram and a 4.2 CPU clock is the question. I read somewhere the memory controller in Haswell has problems dealing with high speed ram when the CPU is heavily overclocked. I wish I could remember where I saw that!

Hope that helps!!

Comment

Working...
          X