Z170X Gaming 7 - Distorted Audio + Audio issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z170X Gaming 7 - Distorted Audio + Audio issues

I've been racking my brain with this but can't solve it as of yet.

I'm using the 5.1 Analog jacks to connect to my Logitech Z5500. Every once in a while (it could be a week between occurances or just one reboot) sound will get REALLY loud and distorted. Only fix is to reset the computer.

Since there only seems to be one set of audio drivers (Windows 10 Pro here) I don't really have an option to try new ones. I'd be very happy if you could find some new ones though :)

Likewise, when I'm using Creative's software package to test my 5.1, the Center channel is louder and I can hear the bass firing as well (Center/Bass use one connector). When I test the audio for center channel on the windows control panel, I don't hear the subwoofer but I think that's because the sound file uses only high frequencies that the sub can't do.

Finally, my rear left speaker is also much louder than all the rest.

From what I've read of the reviews on Newegg's site, this audio distortion seems to happen a lot. I just don't know if it's a bad board or just bad audio design/bad drivers.

There also used to be a Enable DSP option under Chipset in the BIOS but that seems to be gone from the latest BIOS releases. Does anyonre know anything about that as well?

Thanks for any and all tips you can offer ;)

Re: Z170X Gaming 7 - Distorted Audio + Audio issues

I have had this happen once so far with my brand new build. Not sure what caused it. Have you tried disabling/enabling the sound hardware in the device manager when this is occurring? I'm wonder if doing that would trigger whatever it is to fix itself. I also wonder if it's something else (driver, software, etc) in the background trying to take priority of the hardware.

Some of the apps I have running at startup:

EVGA Precision
    Gigabyte App Center with Easytune, SIV, @Bios, Ambient LED, Easy Green, On/Off Charge
    SoundBlaster software
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology
    Steam
    Origin
    Dropbox

Comment

Working...
    X