Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-Z170XP-SLI No Splash screen on start up, but the repeating text: "Reboot and select proper boot device...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z170XP-SLI No Splash screen on start up, but the repeating text: "Reboot and select proper boot device...

Re: GA-Z170XP-SLI No Splash screen on start up, but the repeating text: "Reboot and select proper boot device...

It is acting as if you have no bootable drive on the system. This means that the SSD drive is either incorrectly setup (UEFI vs legacy) or the drive has no OS boot sector setup. If you have no disc in the Blu-ray player that is bootable that will generate the alert if the afore mentioned is true.

I would start by putting a bootable disc in the Blu-ray player first and see if the option to boot from CD as it were comes up. If it does then you can install windows normally on the SSD etc. If you are expecting the SSD to boot then you will need to check the bios to see what setup the drive is in and that it is being recognized at all.

Another thing you can look into is which Sata port the drives are plugged into and if they are disabled in the bios as well.

Comment

Re: GA-Z170XP-SLI No Splash screen on start up, but the repeating text: "Reboot and select proper boot device...

Yea, all is good, installed Win 10. I may have missed the splash screen since the temporary monitor I am using is a TV via HDMI.

Comment

Working...
      X