Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-Z170X-Gaming 3, can't wake from sleep or hibernation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z170X-Gaming 3, can't wake from sleep or hibernation.

Hello,

im having a problem where my computer wont wake from sleep or hibernation. Pressing the space bar, double clicking the mouse, or hitting the power button all seem to try to turn it on, but it acts really weird. The power light will fade in and out but no signal will be given to the monitor, and the lights on the keyboard or mouse wont light up. After 10 seconds or so, the whole machine will power off, then back on again, on it's own. From there the power light will remain solid, but again with no monitor displayed or lights on the kepyboard/mouse.

Here is my setup: Intel Core i5-6600K, MSI Radeon R9 390, Corsair 200R - System Build - PCPartPicker

I am on the latest F5n bios. Anything you can do to point me in the right direction would be awesome, im at my wits end. Thanks!

Re: GA-Z170X-Gaming 3, can't wake from sleep or hibernation.

So, for anyone who stumbles across this in the future. I fixed this issue by clearing the cmos (power down, pull the plug, then remove the battery from the mobo for 30 seconds). 10 out of 10 times afterwards I was able to successfully recover from both sleep and hibernation. I don't know what got screwed up, I didn't change any settings to begin with, but something happened.

Comment

Hi! I'm having the exact opposite problem, I can't put my pc to sleep! I'm on the latest firmware Fn I tried everything but no hi. I also have some other weird problems. I can't change the core multiplier in MIT bios page. It says auto and cannot be changed. If I want to overclock I can only set the automatic 20-30-40-50% etch. Isvthis normal? In your case, can you change the core multiplier from the default 35?

Comment

No, I haven't messed with overclocking yet. I wanted to get this system consistently running smooth and stable before I went to tinkering. But I would definitely remove that battery and clear your CMOS. That fixed a bunch of things on my end. Also, what os?

Comment

Originally posted by thangmaycr1
          so wrong with that genre too. Not good
          What?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Ware View Post
            No, I haven't messed with overclocking yet. I wanted to get this system consistently running smooth and stable before I went to tinkering. But I would definitely remove that battery and clear your CMOS. That fixed a bunch of things on my end. Also, what os?
            No need to overclock just get to bios and see if you can change the cpu multiplier or the ram multiplier or if you can take a screenshot and upload. I m going to do that CMOS clearing. I'm running win10

Comment

Working...
            X