Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden C1 POST error EX58 UD5 REV 1.0

Hi guys.

Have an overclocked X5670 with an EX58 UD5 REV 1.0 board.

Everything has worked just fine for ~8 months. Then I get the upgrade bug.

I put in a USB 3.0 card to the X4 slot, no issue.

I put in a fresh kit of 2x8GB Gskill RAM, no issue.

I then put in a brand new GTX 980Ti... About 2 days later my PC will randomly hang on "C1" (memory init error)

I RMA'd the RAM, put the old stuff back in, it still does it. Get this, I cant even get it to clear the bios and POST sometimes with the button when this happens, itll just start a few times after I clear it... I have the latest bios, I have cleaned out all the dust in the slots, checked for damage etc.

My CPU is rock stable as is the video card. The only thing I have not done is taken the battery out for 5 - 10 mins and put it back in. I upped my VTT voltage to 1.355 (I know max is 1.35) and it has not happened in the past few days. I actually put it back down a few minutes ago to see if it will happen again..

One thing I do see, is ever since I put my video card in, my keyboard typing will stutter. Its like it will randomly lag a half second behind my typing.

Maybe this is the USB card sharing an interrupt even though im not using the ports on the card??
    Last edited by drewis; 01-22-2016, 03:50 PM.
    Gigabyte X58 UD5 Rev 1.0, X5670 @ 4.2GHz GTX980Ti

Re: Sudden C1 POST error EX58 UD5 REV 1.0

Is your keyboard hooked up thru the new USB 3.0 card? If so, it sounds like that card is causing some type of conflict. I would pull that card and see if everything starts working OK. I think it might. I have seen old batteries cause boot problems. If yours has not been replaced recently, it would be worth replacing it just to rule it out as a problem. I have had to replace batteries on both of my P55 machines (I7-860's). OOPS, just saw the last sentence in your post. Yes, I think there may be a conflict caused by the USB 3.0 card even tho you are not using it.
    Last edited by dewot; 01-22-2016, 06:51 PM.

Comment

hmmm.. battery might be an issue I can always test with my multimeter. but wouldnt I experience loss of cmos data, erratic boots different symptoms etc?

its only ever the C1 memory error

and to add - the keyboard lag only started when I installed the 980

Comment

The USB 3.0 card is in the PCIE x4 slot just above the PCIE x16 video card slot, correct? If so, they are both on the same electrical bus, so I think pulling that out may help.

One thing that may be useful - download Driver Booster free, and update your drivers. Be careful installing as the free version wants you to download some other IObit software. However, it has done a very good job of updating low level drivers for me. It updated about 15 drivers on my 2010 P55 and one of those was the PCIE bus driver. I was actually pretty impressed by what it found.

I would pull the battery as you suggested - sometimes the bios gets messed up. Just threw the battery replacement thing out as that battery is pretty old if it is original.

Comment

yeah i wouldve never thought of that at all.

and ill be willing to bet, like you said, that usb card is putting some type of lag onto the keyboard somehow.. even though im not using the hub, i have my keyboard plugged into the motherboard 2.0 ports.

Comment

Working...
          X