Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z170XP-SLI: Unable to use 4 slots of RAM

Hello,

I have a setup with Intel 6600K on Z170XP-SLI and HyperX Fury Black 4x4GB.
    When trying to install Windows with 4 RAMs on board, get blue screens of death constantly before the first screen shows up or shortly after its appearance. While when I put only two on dual channel (any two of 4) everything is ok. It passes the MemTest.
    Following this post http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ram-slots.html I updated the BIOS to F6e, but still have the same problem. Tried Setting Timing to manual, but don't know what to do later. Tried both with XPM disabled and Profile1.

Do I need specifically BIOS version F4C?
    Don't know what to try else. Do you have any idea?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Z170XP-SLI: Unable to use 4 slots of RAM

So I didn't find a solution to this problem. Tried different versions of bios but no result. So, I replaced my HyperX Fury Black 4x4GB with HyperX Fury Black 2x8GB and didn't got any BSODs afterwards.

Comment

Re: Z170XP-SLI: Unable to use 4 slots of RAM

Originally posted by hrexen View Post
      Hello,

I have a setup with Intel 6600K on Z170XP-SLI and HyperX Fury Black 4x4GB.
      When trying to install Windows with 4 RAMs on board, get blue screens of death constantly before the first screen shows up or shortly after its appearance. While when I put only two on dual channel (any two of 4) everything is ok. It passes the MemTest.
      Following this post http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ram-slots.html I updated the BIOS to F6e, but still have the same problem. Tried Setting Timing to manual, but don't know what to do later. Tried both with XPM disabled and Profile1.

Do I need specifically BIOS version F4C?
      Don't know what to try else. Do you have any idea?

Thank you in advance.
      Did you make sure that orig memory was in the MB's supported memory list? You will find the list on the gigabyte website under the Z170XP-SLI page, I think it is a PDF file.

Comment

Working...
      X