GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 won't boot win 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 won't boot win 7

I put together a new GA Z170X system and try to boot win7. It starts to boot (I get win7 loading), then I get a fast blue screen, then tries to reboot again.

I thought that it had something to do with the drivers that I used with old motherboard which was a G1 Guerilla, so I tried to reinstall win 7 from scratch, but that doesn't work either -- another blue screen.

What can I try? I have F4 bios, 4 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz (PC4-24000). 1 agility 3 120gb ssd sata 3, 1 geforce gtx-580.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Jay

Re: GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 won't boot win 7

First step, update your BIOS.
    Second,try with only 2 stick of RAM.

Edit:
    What is error code of blue screen ?
    Last edited by stasio; 11-20-2015, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Try disabling XMP for memory.

Comment

Originally posted by refosk View Post
        Try disabling XMP for memory.
        XMP already was disabled.
        I also tried just two memory modules and got same thing: a blue screen that disappears too quickly to read.
        I also swapped out the video card and got the same thing: blue screen.
        I tried different ssd and cdrom ports and got the same thing: blue screen.

Does gigabyte (or someone else) have a stand alone diagnostic program that will stop on fault?

Any other suggestions?

Jay

Comment

I downloaded memtest86 5.01. I'ts been running for a half hour with no failures.

Anyone have any suggestions on memtest?

Thanks for helping,
          Jay

Comment

Upgrading to at least the F5 bios may help. I'm currently running 2x8GB sticks of 3000mhz Corsair LPX without issue.

Tried just using the graphics of built in graphics of the CPU rather than just swapping the graphics card?

I had to the update the bios of my GTX 670 in the end to fully use the UEFI bios.

Peter

Comment

If you are running win7, did you install new win7 from dvd or just hook-up existing win7 disk from another mb?

Jay

Comment

Its the BIOS ! Gigabyte cant get it right they have a good version then a bad like seesaw they cannot get it right.

I have F6c currently installed so far so good but the next might be worthless !

HTML Code:
                http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/61869-ga-z170x-gaming-7-always-boots-bios-when-using-intel-pcie-ssd-nvme.html

Comment

It turned out it was two problems.

#1. I could not just shove my win7 res in the new motherboard and expect it to work. The disk drivers were too incompatible to even boot. It just kept blowing up.

#2. I tried several times to start over with a win7 dvd. It kept blowing up too. I tried new bios, ram, mb, etc. Nothing worked...

Then I noticed something. You know how hard it is to read the hologram dvds? I am utterly embarrassed to say that I was trying to install win xp on this mb .

I tried the correct dvd and I was able to install a win7 from scratch just fine.

Everything is good now. It seems like a great mb.

Aloha,
                  Jay

Comment

Working...
                  X