Several issues with GA-P55-USB3 -- BIOS ver. F6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several issues with GA-P55-USB3 -- BIOS ver. F6

I recently updated from Win 7 pro x64 to Win 10 pro x64. I also (mistakenly) used my Gigabyte program (installed during PC build) to flash my BIOS thinking that it would be upgraded to the latest Win 10 compliant version. BIG mistake.

Here are my issues:

PROBLEM #1. I have lost 3 of my 8 SATA connectors. I've moved my two internal HDs and DVDs to SATA connectors that work. The Windows Device Manager confirms that the 3 dead SATA connectors are not operable. The UPDATE DRIVERS options for the dead SATA connectors confirms that the latest drivers are installed.

PROBLEM #2. My USB optical mouse (Logitech) is not recognized when I startup my PC in the morning. The PC boots to Windows 10 quickly and everything is operational -- but the mouse is not recognized. The Windows Device Manager indicates that ALL USB ports are functioning properly. WORKAROUND: I must remove the mouse from the USB port, reinstall the mouse in a different USB port and reboot the PC. How do I restart the PC without the mouse? I use the Windows key on the keyboard.

PROBLEM #3. When the mouse is not identified when I boot in the AM, I cannot use the Windows key to RESTART the PC. I get a black screen with no HD activity. I have to TURNOFF the PC by depressing the start button for ~ 3 seconds -- then the PC boots normally.

I suspect that I have the wrong BIOS version (currently F6) for Win 10.

I really need some help on this one.

Thanks,

Louis
    Last edited by Louisaz; 11-12-2015, 08:35 AM.
Working...
X