bios does not support flash interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bios does not support flash interface

, i'd like to try reflashing a different bios that i found on this topic: GIGABYTE latest / beta BIOS for Intel CPU motherboards Z68AP-D3 Rev. 2.0 - UA4 (UEFI BIOS with unlocked Ivy Bridge multiplier)
    Currently have official
    UA9 flashed on the mobo.
    Tried multiple times, using bootable dos pendrive, with included tool.
    Tried reflashing the same bios, i got the same error message. b
    Bios Does not support flash interface

Anything familiar about this to anyone?

Solved. With Stasio's advice, i flashed with @Bios. (a previous, Z68APD32.UA7 worked for me) @Bios can be downloaded from gigabyte's website.
    It's also highly likely, that with efi2awd i could reflash to FD, but as things are working right now, i didn't bother.

Edit #2
    I reflashed original award bios with efi2award efi2awd

, as it is more stable.
    Last edited by bobalazs; 03-03-2016, 06:02 PM.

Re: bios does not support flash interface

I presume its because you are already on a later bios UA9 came out in 2013 and while this UA4 came out a year earlier. The whole point of this bios reading the readme file is to upgrade from AWARD Legacy Bios to UEFI bios which is a one direction process. But seeing you are already running a later UEFI bios already that's why the 'upgrade' wont work on your motherboard.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by PRound View Post
      I presume its because you are already on a later bios UA9 came out in 2013 and while this UA4 came out a year earlier. The whole point of this bios reading the readme file is to upgrade from AWARD Legacy Bios to UEFI bios which is a one direction process. But seeing you are already running a later UEFI bios already that's why the 'upgrade' wont work on your motherboard.

Peter

I see your point, it could explain why a previous bios version wouldn't work. It doesn't explain why reflashing the exact same bios does not work. I get the exact same error message.

Comment

I think it would be to do with the bios upgrade tool program process... (this is just an educated guess btw)... It looks for AWARD Bios, Completely Wipes it, Installs AMI UEFI Bios Framework, Installs Bios File. As it Cant find the Award Bios to remove in the first place the tool doesn't proceed any further with the above error message.

Peter

Comment

Working...
        X