Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z170X-GAMING G1 does not boot with XMP

Hello,
    I am trying to get working XMP with my Kingston Savage DDR4-3000 Memory Kit, but it does not seem to works on my GA-Z170X-Gaming G1.
    When I do enable XMP1 (2666MHz) or XMP2 (3000MHz), the system tries to boot multiple times and reports, that booting failed.

When I disable XMP, everything works fine. When I set manually the memory frequency to 3000 MHz without enabling XMP, I can also boot fine without any problems.
    Does anybody has some ideas, what could be wrong?

I've also updated to the latest F5i-BIOS, which did not help.

Thanks!

Specs:
    Intel Core i7-6700K
    Noctua NH-D15S + 2x NF-A15 PWM FAN
    GA-Z170X-Gaming G1
    Crucial MX200 500GB, M.2
    Crucial MX200 1TB, S-ATA
    Kingston HyperX Savage DIMM Kit 32GB (HX430C15SBK4/32)
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming G1
    Enermax Digifanless 550W
    Lian Li PC-A75WX
    Last edited by ConiKost; 10-27-2015, 05:12 AM.

Re: GA-Z170X-GAMING G1 does not boot with XMP

Having a quick look at gigabyte website your memory isn't listed in the "supported memory list" just yet for your motherboard, so probably best to run in manual setting if you know your memory timings and wait for the next bios update.

Peter

Comment

Choose profile 2 and up your VCCIO voltage to 1.250 and your System Agent voltage to 1.300 and let me know if that fixed it. If it worked then back down on your voltage until it doesn't boot anymore and then go up one notch.

Comment

Sorry for the delay!

Originally posted by PRound View Post
        Having a quick look at gigabyte website your memory isn't listed in the "supported memory list" just yet for your motherboard, so probably best to run in manual setting if you know your memory timings and wait for the next bios update.
        Yep. I am aware, that it's currently not listed. But Kingston itself lists them as compatible and certified: HyperX Memory Certifications | Kingston

I've also now tried beta Bios F6a, which didn't help.

Originally posted by tt0ne View Post
        Choose profile 2 and up your VCCIO voltage to 1.250 and your System Agent voltage to 1.300 and let me know if that fixed it. If it worked then back down on your voltage until it doesn't boot anymore and then go up one notch.
        I've tried that now. It didn't worked. The Board still reports after that, the the Boot failed and fallbacks to bios.

Comment

The actual F6i beta BIOS seems to help and provice better memory compatibility.
          At least, I am able to boot with XMP @ 2666MHz without increasing VCCIO and SA. That works fine and is Prime95 stable.
          XMP @ 3000 MHz still does not work, even with maxed VCCIO/SA..
          Last edited by ConiKost; 11-23-2015, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Same Gigabyte board and Corsair 3200 mhz memory. The GA-Z170X g1 mobo, i7 6700K CPU and memory in the 3000-3200mhz seems to be a fairly common issue on this site. Tried Bios updates to no avail, only the relax OC setting works, but that is a workaround and not a fix.

Comment

I had the same problem with XMP, I solve this by uninstalling app center and all the applications, set XMP to profile 1 and now pc boots every time.

Comment

Originally posted by refosk View Post
                I had the same problem with XMP, I solve this by uninstalling app center and all the applications, set XMP to profile 1 and now pc boots every time.
                I don't have that installed. All the apps are crap and can cause crashes.

Comment

The highest speed 32 GB memory compatible with this motherboard is HX426C15FBK4/32 according to Kingston.
                  Try profile 2 and set main timings to 15-17-17-35/36, for DDR-3000 try 17-19-19-39/40.
                  Not the best timings but better than default for DDR-2133

Comment

Sent a request to Gigabyte support concerning these issues and the manual solutions, they said they are aware of problems with some high mhz memory sticks. Fingers crossed someone will double up on testing and implement solutions on next bios releases. I don't like how finicky these new bio(es) seem to respond to memory overclocks in general. The Asus boards I've tested have been smoother.
                    i7 8700k - z370 Asus Rog maximus 10 hero(wifi) (soho)
                    G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB
                    Corsair PSU, 1
                    080Ti EVGA
                    960 Samsung Evo , 2 WD Black Storage.
                    Builds - Z97x-Gaming 7(media center) . Gigabyte x399 - Gaming 7 Threadripper 1950x (workstation)

Comment

Originally posted by TicTacToe View Post
                      Sent a request to Gigabyte support concerning these issues and the manual solutions, they said they are aware of problems with some high mhz memory sticks. Fingers crossed someone will double up on testing and implement solutions on next bios releases. I don't like how finicky these new bio(es) seem to respond to memory overclocks in general. The Asus boards I've tested have been smoother.
                      Great :) At least something.. better that the answer from Gigabyte to my support case. They told me, Skylake does not support XMP with 4 modules and it's normal, that it would not work..

Comment

Okay, I've flashed now the newest Beta Bios F7a. That one did the trick. I am finally able to boot with XMP 3000MHz..

[EDIT]
                        But it's not stable.. About 1-2 hours later, Windows freezes..
                        Last edited by ConiKost; 12-24-2015, 08:48 AM.

Comment

I have the same error with my Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 BIOS F6f. I use Dominator Platinum Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit (CMD32GX4M2B3000C15) but cannot run in XMP1.

Gigabyte just release new BIOS update to fix this error on BIOS F7 and F8d beta but I cannot update the firmware by @BIOS neither Q-Flash. Do you know how to update BIOS successful? I used Q-Flash they can verified and update successful, the BIOS need restart and after that I enter the BIOS, the BIOS version still in F6f. Here is the screenshoots:

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sairy View Post
                            I have the same error with my Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 BIOS F6f. I use Dominator Platinum Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit (CMD32GX4M2B3000C15) but cannot run in XMP1.

Gigabyte just release new BIOS update to fix this error on BIOS F7 and F8d beta but I cannot update the firmware by @BIOS neither Q-Flash. Do you know how to update BIOS successful? I used Q-Flash they can verified and update successful, the BIOS need restart and after that I enter the BIOS, the BIOS version still in F6f. Here is the screenshoots:

Try clearing Cmos on the mobo then Q-flash from Bios. Remember that the mobo is dual boot so it could be defaulting to backup Bios rather than the updated one. There is a switch and light to tell you which Bios the mobo is booting up on.

Comment

Originally posted by brouhahaha View Post
                              Try clearing Cmos on the mobo then Q-flash from Bios. Remember that the mobo is dual boot so it could be defaulting to backup Bios rather than the updated one. There is a switch and light to tell you which Bios the mobo is booting up on.
                              Thank for your help. I updated successful with your guide. Here is my solve for another:

1. Turn off your PC. Look on your Mainboard has clear CMOS button, hold it for 5s. See the screenshot below for instruction.
                              2. Power on, press End key to use Q-Flash update firmware from USB or from hard driver.

If the BIOS still not update, try this:
                              3. Switch SB to Position 2 to use Single BIOS (Position 1 for Dual BIOS). See the screenshot below for instruction.
                              4. Clear CMOS again.
                              5. Power On and try to update BIOS again.

PS: the Ver F8d still not fix the XMP issue for Corsair Dominator bus 3000 MHz.

Comment

Working...
                              X