X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Years later, still no fix.

Using the latest bios (F8 21/03/2012)
    Motherboard: P67A-UD4-B3
    I get NO support for the Unlocked I7 3770k processor, it is limited to a 39X multiplier. You cannot overclock an ivy bridge on a P67 motherboard..

Please, i beg for help..

Re: 3 Years later, still no fix.

Just being reading up on your issue, and found this article written at the time of Ivy Bridge release: Intel Ivy Bridge Processor Overclocking Proves Challenging For Some Motherboard Makers - Legit ReviewsGigabyte Hybrid EFI Technology Has Issues With Ivy Bridge CPUs

Looks like a major limitation of Gigabyte/Award old bios at the time and seeing gigabyte never got round to fixing the issue back then (sounds like they would have to rewrite to a completely new bios) I see little chance for it to be fixed now. Probably your best bet now is buying a newer second hand motherboard if you wish to overlock.

Peter

Comment

Re: 3 Years later, still no fix.

Yes, but i saw that someone got a bios mod to unlock the multiplier.. so anything like that would really help me.. i've got an i7 3770k with an corsair H80 for almost 3 years and i still can't overclock it because i never wanted to upgrade something that could be easely fixed with a bios update...

Comment

Working...
      X