Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between Z170X-Gaming 5 and Z170X-UD5 TH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Z170X-Gaming 5 and Z170X-UD5 TH?

I am trying to decide which board to go with. Those mentioned in title are the ones that I cant decide between. They are priced differently, but I cant see why.
    Compared to the Gaming 5, the UD5 has less LAN ports, less M.2 ports, 1 more USB port, it has Thunderbolt and you cant change the amp chip on it and there are no dip switches for the sound, yet it costs more.
    Why? Is it more reliable? Is it the 2x copper PCB design? The Gaming 5 doesnt have that?
    Thank you.
    Last edited by GDM; 10-26-2015, 02:12 PM.

Re: Difference between Z170X-Gaming 5 and Z170X-UD5 TH?

Anandtech did a good summary of Gigabyte range on launch day here: GIGABYTE Z170: Gaming ATX - Intel Skylake Z170 Motherboards: A Quick Look at 55+ New Products

Comment

The 7 has not enough USB ports and the Creative chip is an unknown component to me, and its hard to find any reviews on it, plus its only 5.1 and I need 7.1. I have good experience with the ALC1150, so I rather not change.
      The only viable options for me are Gaming 5 and UD5. But seeing the UD5 is pretty much nowhere available, I guess Ill go with the Gaming 5.

Comment

The Gaming 6 could interest you I'm guessing it should be cheaper than the 7 loose the Creative sound Hardware but keep most of the other stuff and even has more USB ports at the back that you wanted

Peter

Comment

Yeah, I saw it already, but honestly, I dont see a difference to the Gaming 5.

Comment

Working...
          X