Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Fans are always at 100%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Fans are always at 100%

Any help would be appreciated. I've only had this GPU for 4 hours.

I just installed a refurbed Newegg GTX 980. When I'm in my BIOS it's quiet but as soon as the Windows login screen appears my fans (all 3) start to ramp up and it's extremely loud. The fan noise never lessens. No matter what I do. I go into games and exit them and it never gets louder or softer. The fans are always running the same.

GPU-z 8.5 under FAN SPEED (RPM) is always at 0%
    Gigabyte OC_Guru under fan always says 0 RPM and mode auto.

Nvidia driver is at latest version (358.50). All of old AMD driver has been uninstalled and registry cleaned. GPU-z screen prints are attached.Click image for larger version

Name:	980.gif
Views:	1
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	756385

Re: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Fans are always at 100%

Originally posted by Manly1138 View Post
    Any help would be appreciated. I've only had this GPU for 4 hours.

I just installed a refurbed Newegg GTX 980. When I'm in my BIOS it's quiet but as soon as the Windows login screen appears my fans (all 3) start to ramp up and it's extremely loud. The fan noise never lessens. No matter what I do. I go into games and exit them and it never gets louder or softer. The fans are always running the same.

GPU-z 8.5 under FAN SPEED (RPM) is always at 0%
    Gigabyte OC_Guru under fan always says 0 RPM and mode auto.

Nvidia driver is at latest version (358.50). All of old AMD driver has been uninstalled and registry cleaned. GPU-z screen prints are attached.[ATTACH]7888[/ATTACH]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <article>
    I decided to take the card out to write down the serial # and found a wire (where all three fans connect to the MB) smashed between the windforce shroud and the white 4 point connector. I move the wires around a bit to let the pressure off and put the card back in and everything is fine now.
    GPU-z 8.5 under FAN SPEED (RPM) is at 893 RPM
    Gigabyte OC_Guru under fan says 893 RPM and mode auto.

Thanks for the help though.
    </article>

Comment

Working...
    X