Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 & F6 bios issues, is it possible to downgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 & F6 bios issues, is it possible to downgrade?

Hi All,
    I'm using GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 with 4790k CPU and 750Ti NVIDIA card. Due to that fact that my NVIDIA card support only HDMI 1.2 I also use internal 4600 GPU (HDMI 1.4 ) for bitstreaming HD audio to audio receiver. I has to keep "Internal video" enabled is BIOS to make this feature work.

After upgrading my BIOS from F5 to F6 version my 4600 GPU became very unstable in windows 8.1. After 5-10 minutes from boot Windows starts to show "Intel (HD) Video Driver crashed and was reset" message and next the whole system became unstable and freeze.

I've tried to reinstall Win 8.1 from scratch, upgrade BIOS to F7a and installed a lot of Intel video drivers but the issue still occurs. The only way to make system stable is to turn Internal video off.

Questions:

1) Does anybody know the way to fix this?
    2) Is it possible to downgrade BIOS back to F5? There is some kind of protection in F6 version and it's not possible to install old BIOS version over it.

Last edited by deus2k3; 09-06-2015, 02:40 AM.

Re: GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 & F6 bios issues, is it possible to downgrade?

Originally posted by deus2k3 View Post
    Hi All,

1) Does anybody know the way to fix this?
    SOLVED:

Update: the reason of failure was "auto" mode for RAM clock multiplier in BIOS. I've set it to "16" for 1600 or "13" for 1333 and system became stable. Looks like those I'm turning off some hardware throttling scheme.
    Last edited by deus2k3; 09-07-2015, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X