No announcement yet.

[Tutorial]How to add NVMe support on any AMI UEFI BIOS with an Intel Chipset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Tutorial]How to add NVMe support on any AMI UEFI BIOS with an Intel Chipset

This method will work for any motherboard with an Intel 6-series chipset and above and has support for an AMI UEFI BIOS.

Code:
    Disclaimer: Win-raid, Tweaktown and me are not liable or responsible if you brick your motherboard. Do this at your own risk. You have been warned.
    1. Download your vendor's Z97 BIOS such as ASUS, Gigabyte, EVGA and etc i.e. if you have a Gigabyte Z77 Motherboard then download Gigabyte Z97 BIOS.
    2. Download MMTOOL4 here: https://onedrive.live.com/?id=501422...&action=locate
    3. Load the Z97 BIOS in MMTOOL4.
    4. Click on the extract tab.
    5. Go the Extract FFS Option
    6. Choose the option 'Extract Uncompressed'
    7. Find the various Modules named Nvme, NvmeSmm, NvmeInt13.
    8. For every module press Extract.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Nvme.png
Views:	1
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	756374
    9. Press on the button extract.
    10. Exit MMTool4.
    11. Open your own Motherboard BIOS in MMTOOL4.
    12. Find the module named CSMCORE.
    13. In the insert tab and in the Insert FFS Options and choose the option Insert Compressed.
    14. Load the NVMe.ffs module click on the button insert.

15. Repeat step 12 and step 14 again for NvmeSmm and NvmeInt13.
    16. Save the modded BIOS and flash it.

Thanks to Fernando, lordkag, CodeRush from win-raid for all the help, research and development.I used their works for the tutorial.

Please read this thread for current development: [Discussion] NVMe BIOS Modules and NVMe Support
    Please read this important message from lordkag: RE: Full NVMe support for older Intel Chipsets possible! - 11
    Fernando's feedback to lordkag: RE: NVMe-Support: Only drivers or EFI-modules necessary? - 8
    Another person's feedback: RE: [Discussion] NVMe BIOS Modules and NVMe Support - 12
    Last edited by rootuser123; 08-27-2015, 06:10 PM.

Re: [Tutorial]How to add NVMe support on any AMI UEFI BIOS with an Intel Chipset

Originally posted by rootuser123 View Post
    Thanks to Fernando and lordkag from win-raid for all the help.
    I don't remember, that I helped you to write this guide, but I am pretty sure, that you were not the person, who found out, what you have written here.

Comment

Re: [Tutorial]How to add NVMe support on any AMI UEFI BIOS with an Intel Chipset

Originally posted by Fernando View Post
      I don't remember, that I helped you to write this guide, but I am pretty sure, that you were not the person, who found out, what you have written here.
      I used your information on win-raid. That's why I credited you for it. Lordkag and you wrote about the breakthroughs you made about NVMe.

Comment

awesome! does it work for asus boards as well?

Comment

Hi,

My mb is ASUS P8Z77-V LE PLUS,I use MMTOOL insert Nvme.ffs and NvmeSmm.ffs just fine...
          But Insert NvmeInt13.ffs, I got error message...
          Can you help me?

Name:	擷取.JPG
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	755020

Comment

Name:	error.jpg
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	755021

Comment

Originally posted by messerchmidt View Post
              awesome! does it work for asus boards as well?
              It should work on ASUS boards too as long as there are no conflicts of GUID. If you are in doubt please read Fernando's tutorial here:

The same principles are applied to this mod. If you need help or in doubt, please ask Fernando, lordkag, SoniX or CodeRush for help on win-raid.com

Comment

Originally posted by thomasho View Post
                Hi,

My mb is ASUS P8Z77-V LE PLUS,I use MMTOOL insert Nvme.ffs and NvmeSmm.ffs just fine...
                But Insert NvmeInt13.ffs, I got error message...
                Can you help me?
                [ATTACH]7850[/ATTACH]
                I managed to mod your BIOS properly after using UBU 1.33 by SoniX from win-raid. Please download your ASUS Z77 modded BIOS here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxg...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

I am going to give this a shot on my GA-Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, I'll post the results here!

Comment

Hello
                    Could you help me add NVMe support? I tried but I can not do it. Thank you in advance for your response and your help.

Here is the BIOS link: MAXIMUS VII RANGER BIOS & FIRMWARE | Motherboards | ASUS Global

I have BIOS version 3003. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                    X