Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z170XP-SLI : Unable to use all 4 Ram slots

Hi,

Picked up this board with skylake 6600k. I have tested each of 4 dimms in 4 slots , seem fine.
    Dual channel seems fine as well. Just cant get the PC to boot with all 4 Rams installed. Updated bios to F4b , but no luck.

Ram is : Kingston Fury Black 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 PC4-21300C15 2666MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black (HX426C15FBK2/8)

Also I tried the following.

1. Each ram in each of the 4 dimms (single only) : Boots fine.
    2. Dual channel : Boots fine for the following
    1. 4,3
    2. 4,1

Combination of 4,2 seems to fail though , but combination of 1,2 works. XMP profile is set to 1 in both memory and frequency sections. On unsuccessful boot the BIOS return to factor F2 version. I tried setting to XMP mode in easytune and the the system would not boot and had an error to revert to last know good configuration of BIOS

Thanks for your help.

Re: Z170XP-SLI : Unable to use all 4 Ram slots

Try BIOS F4c:

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

or try to set your RAM manually.
    It's early stage of Z170 system and upcoming BIOS should address this issue.

Comment

Cant set RAM manually as i never make it to the Gigabyte screen. Currently running F4C which seems to fix this. Happy times =)
      Thanks for your help.

Comment

After splash screen pressing "DEL" on keyboard.......
        In MIT section go to DRAM Voltage control....set Memory Timing mode to Manual....

Edit:
        If BIOS F4C is OK for you...then forget posted above....

Btw,
        Dual channels is 1-2 or 3-4 (or all 4 slots).....no other will work well.
        Last edited by stasio; 08-24-2015, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Here is latest BIOS F4d :

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Comment

Working...
          X