No announcement yet.

Gigabyte Siv settings for Smart Fan Advanced not able to store on new z170x mb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Siv settings for Smart Fan Advanced not able to store on new z170x mb

Has anybody on the new GB z170x mb been able to store their settings in SIV for the Smart Fan Advanced setting?

Each time I restart Windows 10, the Fan settings are set back to default.

Click image for larger version

Name:	siv.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	756373
    Last edited by polypenko; 08-19-2015, 03:55 AM.

Re: Gigabyte Siv settings for Smart Fan Advanced not able to store on new z170x mb

Quick video on how to use the task scheduler feature in windows 7.The program i am setting the task for is CCleaner.The song is by diamond star productions, ...

I would use create task instead of create basic task as shown in youtube clip. Also you don't need any arguments. The program u want "C:\Program Files (x86)\Gigabyte\SIV\ThermalConsole.exe", copy and paste that to the box under "actions" tab. Triggers should be "at log on of any user", no conditions, settings "allow task to be run on demand; if it fails, restart every 1 minute, if the task is already running, then: do not start a new instance. They are all the settings I have on my task, but the defaults should work assuming you have correctly input the program.

If you wanted to create an alarm clock, you would need an argument. U start mplayer.exe for example then the argument would be "H:\music\party like its 1999.mp3". Now I'm just showing off.
    Last edited by Megatron; 08-21-2015, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Re: Gigabyte Siv settings for Smart Fan Advanced not able to store on new z170x mb

Originally posted by Megatron View Post

Quick video on how to use the task scheduler feature in windows 7.The program i am setting the task for is CCleaner.The song is by diamond star productions, ...

I would use create task instead of create basic task as shown in youtube clip. Also you don't need any arguments. The program u want "C:\Program Files (x86)\Gigabyte\SIV\ThermalConsole.exe", copy and paste that to the box under "actions" tab. Triggers should be "at log on of any user", no conditions, settings "allow task to be run on demand; if it fails, restart every 1 minute, if the task is already running, then: do not start a new instance. They are all the settings I have on my task, but the defaults should work assuming you have correctly input the program.

If you wanted to create an alarm clock, you would need an argument. U start mplayer.exe for example then the argument would be "H:\music\party like its 1999.mp3". Now I'm just showing off.

Thanks for this suggestion, however it will still not solve my problem.

Let me explain further the Siv program starts with Fan Default settings at 30 - 80 d.c.

I want a setting eg. 30 - 60 d.g.

So by making a new task the program will start, but that is not the problem.

The Siv program starts, but I'm not able to set is as I would like in to run.

You can change setting but they are not stored, so after a re-boot all Fan setting are back
      to Default.

Smart Fan Advanced is great but of no use at this moment since settings are not stored.

Comment

I used speed fan 4.51 to change some settings like setting fan headers to software. Configure> advanced > Chip > IT8620E at $A30 on ISA: here you can change the setting of PWM 1 mode 1 to 5. Also the bios setting for that header needs to be on "normal".

Sounds like SIV is not saving your fan curve through reboots? It never did that for me its just automatically starting the program to get the fan profile to take on reboot was the issue. I can't help if this is your problem. Perhaps try setting a constant voltage to see if that sticks. The actually fan profile should stick, perhaps try reinstalling the software?

Comment

already re-installed the App Center and latest Siv / Easytune software, but regretfully the settings
          are still not saved.
          Meanwhile issued a ticket on the Gigabyte site to determine if this is a bug in the software.

tks.

Comment

Take a look at speedfan, I recently learned that it has fan curves and can be set to load on boot-time. Its been around since 2000 and never seen that before.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
              Take a look at speedfan, I recently learned that it has fan curves and can be set to load on boot-time. Its been around since 2000 and never seen that before.

Speedfan does not recognise this mb.

Comment

Last update was Feb 2015, hopefully it gets updated:
                SpeedFan History Page

Comment

Working...
                X