H55 UD3H rev 1.3 memory upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H55 UD3H rev 1.3 memory upgrade

Hey everybody! Recently I've tried to upgrade memory capacity on my PC - from 4Gb to 8Gb. I chose memory kit from memory compatibility list on manufacturer's website. But - when installed PC doesn't boot - like at all - neither Windows nor Linux distro (tried like 5 of them), even when I try to boot it from Windows install disk - nothing. Just continious beep, that according to motherboard manual, points on memory problem - but this is new memory form compatibility list! I even tried to install older BIOSes - NOTHING, it doesn't want to boot with ANY memory but those old Ripjaws 2x2GB. Any ideas ? BTW - I can't start memtest because immediately when I turn the power on - I get beep, and I can't even see BIOS screen. Like dead.

Re: H55 UD3H rev 1.3 memory upgrade
    1. 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory
    2. Dual channel memory architecture
    3. Support for DDR3 2200+/1800/1600/1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules
    4. Support for non-ECC memory modules
    5. Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules

* To reach DDR3 2200 MHz and above, you are required to use with Intel Core i7/Core i5 CPU without HD Graphics and install a discrete graphics card.
    When using Intel Core i5/Core i3/ Pentium CPU with HD Graphics, the maximum memory speed supported is 1666 MHz.
    * Go to GIGABYTE's website for the latest memory support list.

Have u updated to the latest F10 bios? It says "improves memory compatibility", tried different slots? Maybe 1 stick with low speed/timing (find out what timing your memory is by default) let the mobo "train" then add more. When adding more sticks you could elect not to train. Check its not 1 bad stick.

Comment

Re: H55 UD3H rev 1.3 memory upgrade

What is the memory model/part number

Comment

Working...
      X