Windows 10 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 upgrade

Attempting to install Windows 10 from Windows 7. After complete download, receive message "cannot install Windows10 because processor does'nt support nx. My processor is an Intel i52500k, which definitely DOES support nx. Some searching reveals it may be a motherboard bios setting, which has disabled nx

My board is a p67-ud3p-b3.Is there a bios setting in this particular board which has disabled nx, and if so, is there an option to enable it? Hoping one of you has this board and might be familiar with the setup and this issue.

Thanks in advance.
    Any computer problem can be fixed with a large enough hammer!

Re: Windows 10 upgrade

Look for "no execute memory protect" under Advanced BIOS settings. It should be enabled.

Comment

Thanks...I thought it might be that. Wait...I just checked. It IS enabled. What gives? Is there another bios setting that would influence the nx feature?

I may now try with it disabled to see what happens.
      Last edited by lenjack; 08-10-2015, 07:13 PM. Reason: additional data

Comment

More info. After installing IE 11 and installing 2 updates, I got the install icon in the system tray. Went through the install procedure and got...Cpu will not support Windows 10. It's an Intel i2500k, which does not have the following required instructions sets:

PAE, NX, SSSE2

What cpu would I need to upgrade to, if I keep my p67a-ud3p-b3 board, to enable Windows 10, and get at least equivalent performance. I keep my i2500k at 4.4GHz.

Comment

I guarantee it's not your cpu that is the problem. I'm typing this on a 2500k (4.2 GHz) equipped computer running Windows 10. The only difference is that I'm using a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard. The processor does support PAE, NX & SSSE2. I don't know what to suggest.

Comment

cpu-z doesn't show these instructions. Maybe time for a new board. I assume your board is newer. If I change boards, will I need to reinstall W7? I do have system images.

Comment

Here's a link to info on the i5 2500k which shows the features of the processor. Intel Core i5-2500K - CM8062300833803 / BX80623I52500K / BXC80623I52500K
              Yes, the z77 board is newer, but I have difficulty believing the P67 board is not compatible with Win 10. It may be the case, but I've updated older motherboards to Win 10 than the P67. Have you tried to update with no overclock? Perhaps your overclock is not 100% stable and causing an error.

Comment

Tried at stock 3.3GHz. CPU-Z does not show the required instruction sets. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall CPU-Z. According to bios, I'm at 4.2Ghz, but CPU-Z says my core speed is 1596 MHz. 16 X 99.76. That can't be right. EDIT: CPU-Z is OK, and shows "Power saving State" of unloaded cpu. Under stress, it goes all the way up.
                Last edited by lenjack; 08-11-2015, 04:31 PM. Reason: new info

Comment

Working...
                X