BRIX (BXi3H-4010) Unable to install Win10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRIX (BXi3H-4010) Unable to install Win10

After upgrading some computers to win10 succesfully, I'm unable to upgrade my BXi3H-4010.

Booting the BRIX using the official ISO on a USB key shows the windows logo and after some seconds the computer reboots itself.

Launching the setup within windows works and starts copying files. Then, at the first installation boot, the computer being unable to boot from the win10 files, the computer boots from the 8.1 files and setup shows this error: 0x1900101-0x20017 The installation failed in SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation.

It seems related to a Intel microcode update included both in the ISO boot files and the win10 installation files.

Internet shows a lot of people with this same problem.

You can check Microsoft community: 0x1900101-0x20017 The installation failed in SAFE_OS phase with an - Microsoft Community

Maybe a BIOS update will help.

Please help!
    Last edited by nuwanda; 08-03-2015, 09:22 AM.

Re: BRIX (BXi3H-4010) Unable to install Win10

I'm feeling alone.

Nobody else with this computer trying to upgrade to win10?
    Any relaxing answer from Gigabyte?

Comment

Gigabyte will not answer here, because this is users forum. Most likely this will be fixed in future BIOS upgrade.

Comment

Maybe create the USB with the media creation tool?

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
          Maybe create the USB with the media creation tool?
          That's the way the USB key was created.

Comment

New F8 bios released. Problem solved.

Comment

i have a bxi3-4010 currently at f7 and am unable to do a inplace upgrade or fresh install useing the media created from the tool

i belive i have the same problem as you however i cant find a current bios for the bxi3*-4010 i found a f8 for the bxpi3 but that is old

where did you find the f8 bios for the bxi3h-4010 ? i dont see i on the site
              GIGABYTE - Support - Downloads

Comment

Originally posted by clonea1 View Post
                i have a bxi3-4010 currently at f7 and am unable to do a inplace upgrade or fresh install useing the media created from the tool

i belive i have the same problem as you however i cant find a current bios for the bxi3*-4010 i found a f8 for the bxpi3 but that is old

where did you find the f8 bios for the bxi3h-4010 ? i dont see i on the site
                GIGABYTE - Support - Downloads
                microsoft community
                answers.microsoft.com

Comment

Working...
                X