No announcement yet.

Windows 10 drivers for G1.Assassin 2 on Gigabyte site are for the wrong product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Windows 10 drivers for G1.Assassin 2 on Gigabyte site are for the wrong product

Got life from my NIC using the visiontek driver but had to use the windows one for the sound card - couldn't get either the pax or danielk's to work - will keep searching!

Comment

Re: Windows 10 drivers for G1.Assassin 2 on Gigabyte site are for the wrong product

Originally posted by nacameron View Post
      Got life from my NIC using the visiontek driver but had to use the windows one for the sound card - couldn't get either the pax or danielk's to work - will keep searching!
      I also didn't get the sound to work.

Comment

Originally posted by xenadi View Post
        Got it to work, untested if it will hold up through multiple reboots.
        All credits to Chrisst who posted this fix on hardware heaven on Feb 21st 2015

step 1.
        Download the following and import the registry files
        X-FI.zip :: Free File Hosting - File Dropper: File Host for Mp3, Videos, Music, Documents.

step 2.
        in your drivers install files locate UDAAIM64.exe (may require some unpacking) I would suggest using Daniel_K's Support Pack 3.4

Enter the full path in between quotes in Start > Run
        e.g. "c:\temp\drivers\audio\.....\UDAAIM64.exe" /S
        and then do the same for UDATEL64.exe (if this file exists in the appropriate driver for your card)
        e.g. "c:\temp\drivers\audio\.....\UDATEL.exe" /S

Dont open the creative control panel from system tray.
        Access the creative applet control panel through the sound blaster tab on your audio device in sound properties.

before doing anything else i would suggest going into restore defaults and clean anything carried over with the registry files.

perform this fix at your own risk, i accept no liability for any damage incurred.

Best of luck.
        I just let windows 10 install the driver from windows update, I then ran the creative suit rebooted, then shutdown so the drivers saved defaults. then just clicked on the 3 reg files it that zip, didn't need to do any of the rest, awesome, now if only I could get windows 10 to install/update the intel ct desktop adapter, as I cant install the suite for that, like teaming/ bootutil etc etc. ...Oh ...I found that networksetup2 sometimes gets corrupted and looses its permissions in the registry so if you have drivers installed but no connectivity then I guess its that key, its what binds the driver to the networking, don't ask me to explain, I just used logic. I did notice that dts neo is missing though
        Last edited by boe323; 08-03-2015, 01:27 PM.
        A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

Originally posted by wildenbeer View Post
          I also didn't get the sound to work.
          you have to let windows update install the driver, click the white message box bottom right and finish installation, there will a notification, don't try to install any of those suites until windows update as installed that particular driver. To use the volume control panel, go to the registry localmachine wow64 speakerselection to 0, because auto detect doesn't work, dts neo don't work either, also that 3d sound thing doesn't work, but hey, we got equalizer dolby digital crystalizer and a few others, bonus from having nothing.
          Last edited by boe323; 08-04-2015, 05:19 AM.
          A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

Working...
          X