Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Popup Error Message: This Driver can't release to failure!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popup Error Message: This Driver can't release to failure!!

I recently completed a build using the Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK motherboard, and for the most part I'm impressed by the operation and features.

However, I am having a recurring, repeating, intractable problem where I am repeatedly seeing the following error message:

This Driver can't release to failure!!

This error appears at least a dozen times whenever I boot into Windows. I can also trigger the error on demand by loading the Gigabyte System Information app or the Gigabyte Performance Monitor. I am guessing that this is an issue with all of the Gigabyte apps, but I have only used those two on a regular basis.

Now, as best I can tell, there is no actual fault that is causing this error message. My system seems stable, I do not have unexpected crashes, I am not seeing unusual system behavior of any type.

In fact, the only real problem I've had in using those two Gigabyte apps is that when I set a profile for the CPU fans, they are not applied to the BIOS, and as a result each time I boot up, the fans are set at the defaults. However, if I manually load the System Information Viewer (which contains the fan customization controls), the fan speeds change to my personal profile. I don't have to change any settings or click anything -- just loading the SIV reinstates my fan profile. It would be nice for these fan settings to stick between Windows sessions, but at least this is an issue I could address via the Windows Event Scheduler.

But this repeated driver error message is extremely annoying.

I have done Google searches previously in attempt to track down the cause of the error, but every single thread I have found around the Internet indicates that the problem is fairly widespread with Gigabyte motherboard product apps, but no one has been able to offer a solution or workaround. Most worrying and telling, is that some of these reports about this specific error message stretches back as far as 2011. That would indicate that this problem, whatever its cause, has been around for nearly 5 years without being corrected by Gigabyte. Can that possibly be true?

If I had been aware of this longstanding problem prior to purchasing this motherboard, I almost certainly would have selected another alternative. probably a comparable board from either ASUS or ASRock.

So that's why I'm here. I need to eliminate this error, or I'm likely to return the motherboard for something that will not repeatedly annoy me every time my computer boots up or on the occasions where I fire up one of the Gigabyte apps and see the error message.

It's simply not acceptable, so I hope that someone can help me fix this problem.

Thanks!

Re: Popup Error Message: This Driver can't release to failure!!

How is uninstalling all Gygabyte's "apps" which you probably didn't need to begin with as a solution.
    When I installed my computer I made sure nothing that has MSI on it is installed.
    And before you are in a hurry return the motherboard for another, search the competition forums as well.

Comment

I don't see that as a good solution, as I would like to be able to set up fan speed profiles for different workloads. That was one of the features that attracted me to this product, and I shouldn't have to give it because Gigabyte can't write clean code.

Comment

And this all on Windows 10?

Comment

Yes, I'm on Windows 10, but as I noted in my original post, I have seen lots of occurrences of this via Google Search, going back a few years, including Windows 8 and 7.

Let me google that for you (note the snark is from lmgtfy.com, not me)

Is it possible that Windows 10 is making it worse? I guess. But based on what I've found in researching this problem, it predates Windows 10.

I was hoping to find a solution here that I haven't been able to find elsewhere. Still hoping.
          Last edited by VIdeoSavant; 05-12-2015, 07:19 PM. Reason: clarify link

Comment

I've had Gigabyte boards for years and only seen that very cryptic message a few times.
            It only means that there is a driver problem, I don't think it's anything catastrophic just annoying.

I don't use Win 10 so I can't say if there is a conflict there, although it would not surprise me.

I suggest either uninstall/reinstall all the Gigabyte apps or just do without them if you can. Very often the order that drivers are installed cause problems, especially on a mature OS install.
            Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
            Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
            PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
            Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
            Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
            HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
            SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

Originally posted by VIdeoSavant View Post
              I don't see that as a good solution, as I would like to be able to set up fan speed profiles for different workloads. That was one of the features that attracted me to this product, and I shouldn't have to give it because Gigabyte can't write clean code.
              i had the same error with a gigabyte z97 board, my problem was the onboard intel graphics driver, it wont update with the gigabyte apps and windows doesnt have a driver for it, i update it manually in windows device manager and stop getting the error, you probably find the error with the apps becasue they try to comunicate with it

Comment

I have the same problem on GA-F2A85X-D3H.
                I have a dual boot setup with Windows 7/Windows 10. Windows 10 is installed on a clone of the Windows 7 disc.
                On Windows 7 there is no error.
                There are two errors at startup of ET6 and if I hover over the tray icon it says:
                GUI MFC Application

Processor: AMD A10-5800K
                Memory: 16 GB
                BIOS: F3
                Graphics: HD 7660D

English is not my native language so please explain this cryptic message that is even hard for English speakers to understand.

What drivers is it?
                release to failure?
                Last edited by PeterNoster; 08-14-2015, 01:54 AM.

Comment

I have the same problem and is related to win10 since it worked fine before on 7 and 8.1
                  And it's also causing random BSOD's

Are there any other tools that can configure the fans speed based on temperature that work with gigabyte mobos?

990FXA-UD3
                  BIOS: F2
                  CPU: AMD FX 8350
                  Last edited by gettygg; 08-15-2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VIdeoSavant View Post
                    I recently completed a build using the Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK motherboard, and for the most part I'm impressed by the operation and features.

However, I am having a recurring, repeating, intractable problem where I am repeatedly seeing the following error message:

This Driver can't release to failure!!

This error appears at least a dozen times whenever I boot into Windows. I can also trigger the error on demand by loading the Gigabyte System Information app or the Gigabyte Performance Monitor. I am guessing that this is an issue with all of the Gigabyte apps, but I have only used those two on a regular basis.

Now, as best I can tell, there is no actual fault that is causing this error message. My system seems stable, I do not have unexpected crashes, I am not seeing unusual system behavior of any type.

In fact, the only real problem I've had in using those two Gigabyte apps is that when I set a profile for the CPU fans, they are not applied to the BIOS, and as a result each time I boot up, the fans are set at the defaults. However, if I manually load the System Information Viewer (which contains the fan customization controls), the fan speeds change to my personal profile. I don't have to change any settings or click anything -- just loading the SIV reinstates my fan profile. It would be nice for these fan settings to stick between Windows sessions, but at least this is an issue I could address via the Windows Event Scheduler.

But this repeated driver error message is extremely annoying.

I have done Google searches previously in attempt to track down the cause of the error, but every single thread I have found around the Internet indicates that the problem is fairly widespread with Gigabyte motherboard product apps, but no one has been able to offer a solution or workaround. Most worrying and telling, is that some of these reports about this specific error message stretches back as far as 2011. That would indicate that this problem, whatever its cause, has been around for nearly 5 years without being corrected by Gigabyte. Can that possibly be true?

If I had been aware of this longstanding problem prior to purchasing this motherboard, I almost certainly would have selected another alternative. probably a comparable board from either ASUS or ASRock.

So that's why I'm here. I need to eliminate this error, or I'm likely to return the motherboard for something that will not repeatedly annoy me every time my computer boots up or on the occasions where I fire up one of the Gigabyte apps and see the error message.

It's simply not acceptable, so I hope that someone can help me fix this problem.

Thanks!

Sadly this has been the case on 3 different Gigabyte boards and Win 7,8,8.1 and now 10. they Need to write code code. no harms comes form it but extremely annoying for sure....ridiculous they haven't fixed it yet.
                    Even the latest Bios released last moth didn't fix it. UGH....
                    Lane

Comment

Thanks to Chike. I managed to fix the error on my computer.

Is it caused by Windows 10? No, I had the error with Windows 7.
                      Previously I had an MSI motherboard and last year I replaced it with a Gigabyte motherboard.
                      I followed Chike's advice and I noticed that I still had an MSI Utility program on my PC (from Intel). I uninstalled it and the error was gone!

Comment

I get the error too. I notice which program it is. I start from gigabyte et60sc.exe its easy tune for fan control or overclock. i need it to reduce my fan speed. when i change the setting start as admin for all user i get the error not, when i start the program from by double click on icon. but this do not help for boot in windows 10. error come. so what can do that for autostart too start as admin is use for et6sc ?

Comment

I have seen several solutions to this problem proposed on different forums. Here is the one that helped me.
                          In my particular case, my Gigabyte motherboard does not have built-in Wi-Fi capabilities. The error seems to relate to 3 components of the APP CENTER software that rely on access to on-board Wi-Fi.
                          Those apps are;
                          Cloud Server Station
                          GIGABYTE Remote, and
                          Remote OC
                          The solution;
                          Open the APP Center application (in your System Tray - Bottom right of your screen).
                          Once you open the App Center, there are 5 tabs at the bottom of the window - 3 of which are listed above.
                          Click on each one - you will see a switch button titled "Always run on next reboot".
                          Set this switch to "OFF" for each of the apps listed.

I hope this helps.
                          Cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X