Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X99 USB3.0 boot loop / general USB issues (Gaming 7 WIFI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X99 USB3.0 boot loop / general USB issues (Gaming 7 WIFI)

Hey guys,

it seems to me that this forum is the right place to find a solution for my problem:
    I have a GA-X99 Gaming 7 WIFI, as soon as I plug in the internal USB 3.0 card reader onto the Board, it will only boot beyond POST (1 short beep) but then restarts directly and endlessly entering the BIOS is impossible. The case also has several USB ports, plugged in with one USB 3.0 onto the board, I have already tried the following config: CPU, 4x8Gb of RAM, no GPU, no SATA, no USB except for the USB 3.0 card reader (btw icy box IB-867, connected with all cables, 12v and usb2) BIOS F7 same behaviour...
    I'm already on the second board now, because my 1st one died due to static discharge (said GA esupport)
    So now I'm having BIOS F5 (I think).

Second problem: when I unplug my card reader and only have the case USB 3 onboard and mouse and keyboard on the backpanel everything works perfectly allright. If I plug in all of my additional USB 2 stuff (externally, backside) Windows only starts up 1 out of 10 times, most of the time it freezes while loading Windows 7.
    My additonal USB hardware: Track IR head tracker, rudder pedals, HP printer, Thrustmaster Warthog joystick and throttle, total of 5.

My specs: GA-X99 Gaming 7 WIFI, i7-5860X, 4x8Gb DDR4 Crucial RAM, 2x GA GTX970-4GB SLI, and a Sunflower 1300 Watt supply
    running Win 7 64bit

I would be very happy if someone has any ideas on this topic
    Or if somebody knows any X99 board without these issues (any brand)

Thanks in advance
    MiG

Re: X99 USB3.0 boot loop / general USB issues (Gaming 7 WIFI)

I find your problem interesting because I have an Asus X 99 deluxe with the exact same problem. I was able to partially resolve mine with not using any 3.0 USB ports and adding a USB 2 external hub and that resolved most of the issues. After doing extensive research I believe there is a problem inherent with the X 99 platform. I have discussed this at great lengths with Asus who says they cannot duplicate the problem even though I have read many complaints to the contrary. I also read an article by Intel regarding a similar problem if I remember correctly was in the bios from several manufacturers. I think this is what happens when you adopt a brand-new platform which still has bugs. Interestingly enough most of the complaints have involved Windows 7 and make sure you are running the latest bios for your motherboard
    Last edited by art100; 03-27-2015, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by art100 View Post
      I think this is what happens when you adopt a brand-new platform which still has bugs. Interestingly enough most of the complaints have involved Windows 7 and make sure you are running the latest bios for your motherboard
      Well I tried to run it without my SSD and still had this issue, so I think it doesn't have something to do with Windows. But as you said: it's really annoying that manufacturers deny hte fact that there is an issue with the chipset or the BIOS.
      Instead of admitting their working on something or releasing beta versions weekly

A german saying: This follows the banana principle, the product ripes at the customers place...

Comment

Solved??

I think I have solved this stupid problem, finally, after 3 months, on my 2nd board wihtout any help from Gigabyte...

What I did: I was fumbling around with every setting concerning USB and PCH in my BIOS (F5), shut down, plugged in my USB 3.0 internal card reader -> nothing, 1 short beep code 92 (sometimes it came until A2)
        then I unplugged it, (only mouse on USB) downloaded the newest BIOS (Gaming 7 WIFI, F7), shutdown, started with my USB key plugged in to the front (case USB 2.0 port), went to BIOS -> Qflash did the "normal" update (not the quick one, I checked my BIOS later, the defaults kicked in with the BIOS update)

Then I started Windows and had something "new" on my device manager called: "PCI data acquisition and signal processing controller" I tried to search for a driver but it didn't find one... (the harware-IDs were PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8D24&SUBSYS_00001458&REV_05, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8D24&SUBSYS_0000145, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0153&CC_1180 and PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0153&CC_118000, for anyone searching on goolge)
        Which was Intels INF driver (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...pdate-Utility- , I found that out later)

In my desperation I used the CD Gigabyte is providing with the Board, and checked everything inside the "Chipset" folder but had newer versions of it already installed.
        BUT I saw something interesting a driver from Renesas which is the manufacturer of the other USB controller used on this board, I installed it (it WASN'T installed at that point) shut down
        Then I plugged in my internal card reader onto the board ( a millionth time) and ta-daa it worked and is working until now, I have plugged in all of my USB devices now and the sytem is now starting stable every time and is running fine.

MY SOLUTION IN SHORT FOR ANY USB ISSUES ON X99 BOARDS:
        -get your manufacturers newest BIOS version
        -check if there are any additional USB controllers installed (like Renesas uDP720210 on the GA-X99 Gaming 7 WIFI)
        -try to find&install the respective driver for it

Comment

1 day later...
          Today it started on the 3rd attempt. 350 bucks gone for a piece of lame, rubbish hardware
          Goodbye Gigabyte

Comment

Working...
          X