[NEED HELP] SEVERE PROBLEMS with GA-X99-SOC-FORCE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [NEED HELP] SEVERE PROBLEMS with GA-X99-SOC-FORCE

Please help me, I have a Gigabyte X99 SOC-Force with F6 BIOS and I have alot of issues with it.

If I put my PCI-E wifi (it is a mini-pcie to pcie adapter w/ Bigfoot Killer N-1103) on any of the PCI-E slot, my computer would get stuck on Debug LED Code 94 which according to the manual is: "PCI Bus enumeration for detecting how many resources are requested).

I also encounter a weird issue if I put my PCI-E wifi directly below the slot on my GPU, I would get a like a sea of wave of green on screen.

To make sure all the other PCI-E slots are working fine, I put my video card on those slots to test and they work fine.

sometimes it wont even get stuck on that code but won't show any video but it seems like my monitor is turning on and off then on and off and i can press numluck at it responds but no video (the debug led keeps changing and I waited atleast 15min but it didn't make any difference, also note my computer normally boots to desktop in less than 1min).

My keyboard (logitech G710+ and a rosewill PS/2 keyboard) sometimes does not work if I reboot or cold boot my system.

I tried to change every single setting on the motherboard (like disabling audio, lights, lan, ssata, sata, from UEFI to legacy, etc...). I also tested the motherboard outside the case to isolate any EMI but it didn't make any difference.

I was using the exact same keyboard and PCI-E wifi on my Gigabyte Z97X-SOC Force and I never encounter a single issue.

right now the only way I could use my PCI-E wifi on my Gigabyte X99-SOC Force is to remove the PCI-E wifi first then turn on my computer and boot into windows, after that I put my computer to sleep and I plug my PCI-E wifi and that is the only way I could make it work. Also note if I restart my computer, I would get stuck on code 94 again.

I need a permanent solution for my keyboard not working sometimes and the code 94 for my PCI-E wifi if I boot with it installed.

My complete specs:
    Intel 5820K
    Gigabyte X99 SOC Force w/ F6 bios
    16GB (4x4GB) Kingston DDR4 RAM
    960GB Crucial M500
    Gigabyte GTX 960 G1
    Seasonic X660 Platinum

Re: [NEED HELP] SEVERE PROBLEMS with GA-X99-SOC-FORCE

You could be on your power supplies max capacity, I would of though 800watt is what you need for high end gaming rigs at least, I suppose the best way to tell is take out 2 sticks of ram or if its overclocked ....run it a spec, im no expert by far and 660 could be more than enough, it does seem a little low to me though, to me there would be no room for oc'ng.
    A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

Working...
    X