X99 UD3 wont post, will then reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X99 UD3 wont post, will then reboot

I just built a new computer with a X99 UD3, a i7-5820K and 32gb of crucial Ballistix (BLS4K8G4D240FSA) memory. I got the whole thing assembled and now it won't post, then it will reboot and this cycle will continue. I already tried pulling two of the memory sticks and still the same problem.

I read about an issue with USB and power cycling and have a USB keyboard, but don't know of a way to flash the BOIS. It seems from everything I've read that you need to actually be able to go into the BOIS to flash it.

Any suggestions?

Re: X99 UD3 wont post, will then reboot

Originally posted by edrahn View Post
    I just built a new computer with a X99 UD3, a i7-5820K and 32gb of crucial Ballistix (BLS4K8G4D240FSA) memory. I got the whole thing assembled and now it won't post, then it will reboot and this cycle will continue. I already tried pulling two of the memory sticks and still the same problem.

I read about an issue with USB and power cycling and have a USB keyboard, but don't know of a way to flash the BOIS. It seems from everything I've read that you need to actually be able to go into the BOIS to flash it.

Any suggestions?
    Try single memory module in 1st slot, try different modules, and different slots too.
    VGA card? Fill your system specs.
    Anything on screen, boot codes?

Comment

Re: X99 UD3 wont post, will then reboot

Thank You! It was the memory, I originally tried pulling all but one stick, I then replaced that stick and it boos up now.

Comment

Working...
      X