X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X79-UP4 v1.0 not seeing Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 pci-e 1x tv tuner card

Hi,

You are my last resort here...

I upgraded to the X79 chipset 2 years ago and this platform has nothing been a pain.
    I bought this platform for video editing and went from X79 Asus to X79 MSI and to this Gigabyte board. Changed 3 boards on this platform due to instability and not detecting my monitor calibration hardware or/and tv tuner card, but now i am nearly there to stability...if not i might go to X99 chipset for all sata-600 ports.

My system has been doing well with bios F3u on my X79-UP4 version 1.0 board. All 3 cards (videocard, pcie ssd and the tvtuner) were detected under windows 7 and 8.1. Somehow my video export always locks up/hang if i setup up all drives separately. To get it working i have this configuration:

intel sata0: boot ssd
    intel sata1: backup harddrive 2tb
    intel sata2,3: raid-0 2x1tb harddrive for media (sata300)
    intel sata4: export harddrive 1tb (sata300)
    intel sata5: dvdburner, must be on intel to boot (sata300)

marvall sata0,1: raid-0 2x1tb drive as scratchdisk
    marvall sata2: datadrive 750gb

This configuration works, but i thought i try a ssd as scratchdisk instead, but that will hang the system...don't know why, as ssd should be faster. This also happens if i use the Plextor M6e pcie ssd as scratch. Throughput seems to be a problem maybe.

Lately some weird instability happen like sudden crashes so i updated the bios to F7, knowing F4 would not see my Hauppauge tunercard or won't boot when the monitor hardware calibration usb cable was connected. Bios firmware F7 seems to be better than F4, my monitor calibration is working, but as encountered before in version F4, my Hauppauge tv tuner card is still not detected. The last bios that detected my pcie 1x tv tuner card was F3u.

I hope someone can fix this problem, not detecting my tuner card, in the next bios. I have mentioned this already when version F4 was released to Gigabyte, but its still not fixed for me. They said it work with their same model tv tuner card, so i guess there are more differences in hardware with this Hauppauge 2250 tv tuner card.

According to some people on internet the pcie 1x card needs to get powered up to be detected by the bios. I have tried to see if there was any S3 sleep state in F7 bios, but found nothing. I tried to select the pcie gen1, gen2, gen3, auto setting in the F7 bios, also no different.

I turned off pcie express link state power management in windows power options, but I still don't see the tv tuner card showing up in device manager. Normally i would expect an unknown device with a question mark there, needing its drivers.
    When i do try to install the Hauppauge software it says hardware not found. Changing pcie slots doesn't make any difference too. The card has been always in pcie8_2 slot (last one the board).

So, i hope someone can fix this. Much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Re: X79-UP4 v1.0 not seeing Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 pci-e 1x tv tuner card

have you tryed to plug the Hauppauge tuner to x8 or x16 pci-e slot ?

Comment

Re: X79-UP4 v1.0 not seeing Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 pci-e 1x tv tuner card

First of all, Happy New Year to all!

I got some good news ...i got it working!

I flashed all my ssd's firmware and moved the tv tuner card from the pcie 3.0 16x slot, running at 8x speed, to a pcie 2.0 1x slot and the card suddenly showed up in my newly installed windows device manager as unknown multimedia controller. Windows 8.1 automatically downloaded the driver and now it works in media center! It was a 2200 instead of 2250 though, dated from 2008. I wanted to position the tv card at a location to create more space/air between my other 2 cards, but i guess there is no option now to have it near my vgacard...
      So everything is solved now

Its still weird why everything worked before with bios F3u when it was in the previous pcie 3.0 16x slot. Maybe something different between pcie 3.0 vs pcie 2.0 now???

Anyways, thanks all.

Comment

Working...
      X