Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P67A-UD3-B3 (1.1): Realtek LAN driver issue or something else...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P67A-UD3-B3 (1.1): Realtek LAN driver issue or something else...

Hi all,

I tried to re-install Windows 7 64 after changing my main hard disk.
    New system was installed smoothly, except for some strange strings in the ntblog.txt:

Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NDProxy.SYS - 4 times in a row.
    Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\srv.sys

I installed Intel Chipset Software and MEI downloaded from Gigabyte website and still have no issues. But...

Realtek LAN driver was installing about 10 minutes and computer looks like hanging almost all this time.

I had "My Computer" window open and I watched as my hard was almost full (after clean install) and then it began to free some space by portions of ~100 gigs per second. And what's really funny, the process was repeated three times in a circle: OS showed HD again filled to the brim and then it successfully cleaned, and so on...

Now OS loading time changed from 28-30 sec to 2 min.

I also tried to remove some Windows components like Fax and Tablet and got another 10 minutes of hanging.

Apart from these problems (with boot and install shield), I don't see anything suspicious: Internet is working great, I can copy files and start games with no issues.

Could you please help me with it?

Thanks in advance.

Re: P67A-UD3-B3 (1.1): Realtek LAN driver issue or something else...

Originally posted by Nightborn View Post
    Hi all,

I tried to re-install Windows 7 64 after changing my main hard disk.
    New system was installed smoothly, except for some strange strings in the ntblog.txt:

Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NDProxy.SYS - 4 times in a row.
    Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\srv.sys

I installed Intel Chipset Software and MEI downloaded from Gigabyte website and still have no issues. But...

Realtek LAN driver was installing about 10 minutes and computer looks like hanging almost all this time.

I had "My Computer" window open and I watched as my hard was almost full (after clean install) and then it began to free some space by portions of ~100 gigs per second. And what's really funny, the process was repeated three times in a circle: OS showed HD again filled to the brim and then it successfully cleaned, and so on...

Now OS loading time changed from 28-30 sec to 2 min.

I also tried to remove some Windows components like Fax and Tablet and got another 10 minutes of hanging.

Apart from these problems (with boot and install shield), I don't see anything suspicious: Internet is working great, I can copy files and start games with no issues.

Could you please help me with it?

Thanks in advance.
    So your main hard disk is now the new 4TB Seagate, is that right?

Then you say the new 4TB hard drive was "almost full", after a clean install, and nothing else was copied to the new 4TB hard drive?

Then you watched that hard drive "... free some space by portions of ~100GB per second.", that it did by itself, with nothing done by you?

Is the full capacity of the 4TB hard drive recognized by Windows?

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      So your main hard disk is now the new 4TB Seagate, is that right?
      Yes, it is temporary solution until SSD will be delivered.

Then you say the new 4TB hard drive was "almost full", after a clean install, and nothing else was copied to the new 4TB hard drive?
      Only OS.

Then you watched that hard drive "... free some space by portions of ~100GB per second.", that it did by itself, with nothing done by you?
      It happens during LAN driver installation process. I didn't touch anything after it starts (picture "in-progress" attached).

Is the full capacity of the 4TB hard drive recognized by Windows?
      Yes, in AHCI mode, with diskpart and GPT. I also tried to install it as RAID, but HD wasnt recognized by diskpart correctly (BIOS shows 3.7 TB).
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Nightborn; 12-12-2014, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Another glitch found.

Both hard disks on SATA3 ports are switched to MultiWord-UDMA2 mode.
        I got this bug some time ago, but I hope it's gone after CMOS reset and OS re-install.

Comment

Working...
        X