Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-X99-SOC Force: Basic overclock question / assistance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-X99-SOC Force: Basic overclock question / assistance?

Hi, ive got exactly the same problem.. cant oc the cpu bios crashes all the time... x41 multiplier 1.3v vcore..after reseting the bios it boots first time..**** you can even do the stress test on ix..whatever it is..but after the restart its a boot crash.. please help.

Comment

Another GIGABYTE X99-OC Guide.....on SOC Force

Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Edition S-spec QFRA CPU Overclocking Guide

Originally posted by v1t4lyt View Post
      Hi, ive got exactly the same problem.. cant oc the cpu bios crashes all the time... x41 multiplier 1.3v vcore..after reseting the bios it boots first time..**** you can even do the stress test on ix..whatever it is..but after the restart its a boot crash.. please help.
      Try latest BIOS F6i.

Comment

The latest bios on the gigabyte web site is f6d!??

Comment

You are totally unaware of this forum.....

Comment

Comment

Any other USB hardware, except mouse and keyboard?
              Which memory,LED error code... ?

Comment

96 when it was a boot loop.. usually when boots its a0 or ae rarely 00

Comment

Again.....
                  Any other USB hardware, except mouse and keyboard?
                  Which memory ?

Comment

Nothing just mouse and keyboard. Memory corsair vengeance 16gb ddr4 2800mhz

Comment

OK,try to boot with memory in dual mode (even single stick).

Comment

And see what!? All four memories seem like working fine..just when im adjusting the multiplier and voltage of the cpu computer is crashing .. sorry but last time ive assembled the pc was 2003..so I need to start from the beginning.

Comment

GA-X99-SOC Force Motherboard Overview and Overclocking Guide:

GIGABYTE GA-X99-SOC Force Motherboard Overview and Overclocking Guide

Comment

Managed to overclock to 4.5 at 1.280v. Ran ixtu for 10 min. Looks stable. Temp is 66c on a full load..but still have a doubt its stable.

Comment

Did you disable any power saving functions in the bios?

In order to get my rig stable at 4.4GHz I had to bump vcore to 1.35, with temperatures hovering around 70-75C. That seems like a lot of voltage for that speed. I am using a closed loop water cooler (H110) that seems to keep up just fine though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

I didnt disable any power saving functions in the bios.. just set a multiplier and the vcore (x44 at 1.28v) thats it. Tried x45 at the same voltage.. run ixtu..temps were 68c max .after got back to x44 on the same voltage..as I dont see its really necessary to go any futher.temps on a stress test now max 66c.im using h105 loop.bios f6d.

Comment

Working...
                                X